Anyone know what Ron charges for a new slide?

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
Bailey28

Anyone know what Ron charges for a new slide?

Post by Bailey28 »

I have been trying to reach Ron at his email and cannot for technical reasons. I don't want to waste his time by calling, so I would rather ask someone in the know here. How much does Ron charge for a new slide (should I need one)? Per CC's thoughts I would rather send enough to cover the carb mod, head mod, and the cost of a new slide all at once to avoid a cluster muck down the road.
FAZ
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Bailey - I asked Ron once. I don't remember the exact price but it was around $60-$70. For that price and getting the carb mod done i'd just opt for the Airstryker. You'd end up with a brand new carb (with a new slide) that is better than your PWK and you can sell the old carby on ebay.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

KD - I think Bailey wants a new slide instead of recutting his existing one.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

They are $60.00 plus Shipping.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Ha! $60 is less than I paid (twice) for the wrong slides (I ordered PWK slides for a PWK..what could go wrong? :roll: ) 3-4 years ago.

Mr. B-28 is looking to preclude the problem of his slide not being 'fixable' (it's already been modified). That a BTW for anyone that missed an earlier thread.

IF you sold your OEM carb and didn't include the slide, that would make it worth considerably less I 'spose. Selling it with the slide and NOT saying the slide was 'modified' wouldn't be right.

Either way, maybe you're (the collective 'you') money ahead to buy an airstriker and offset the cost by selling the OEM carb. That depends on what the carb sells for. Regardless of the OEM PWK selling price, the airstriker has its additional bennies.

Happy choosing!

p.s.
Whatever you happen to send $-wise for the work, if the $s aren't used, you DO get'em back!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

CC,

Yeah, I may have gone a bit far on the slide grinding. I think I measured it closer to 8mm cutaway. I cut it twice, the first time nothing happened, so as in good 'ol 'merican excess, I fell victim to the dreaded "more is better, right?" crux. Ya, its "closer" to an 8 now..... With the 8, I was thinking I could get away with a K or J diameter needle. Anyway, I would tell the new buyer, on ebay of course, that the slide has been modified. The bike runs crisp everywhere except for the small bog on roll on. I have yet to get into the garage and try the airbox lid back on it, and replace the boyesen dual stage bog reeds with the stockers for the second time. I also wanted to try a fine wire plug but they don't make one in a 7.

I PM'd Ron and got a quick reply from him. Looks like I'll be spending $270 with the carb,slide and head mods with shipping. Still cheaper than the air stryker at a total of $370 with the new carb, and head mod. UNLESS, I sold the stocker on Ebay for $100 skinnies. :mrgreen:
FAZ
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Well pissers....

One of these days I'll figure out what key sequence it is that erases everything I've typed and displays a 'new' IE window.

Anyway...good luck with what you choose.

As to the original question, I think the KDX can be tuned such that no hesitation exists nowhere. That said, I haven't looked for one as thoroughly as you have. My bike doesn't bog or hesitate..but that's when I'm riding..I'm not looking to find the fly in the proverbial ointment. If you rode my bike you may well say, 'Yep...right there!! it is!!

I can't recommend a process to fix something the likes of which I have no clue, no experience or knowledge of. I don't want to give you the idea that I know a modified carb will for sure fix what it is you're trying to sort out.

Any chance you know another KDX'er with the modified carb that would let you swap it in for a bit of a toot?

I've got a #6 slide I would be glad to send your way if you wanted to do some more testing with what you've got. You're welcome to try it out if you want to bother with it.

Consider the source

Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

CC, sent you a PM about trying the slide
FAZ
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Well, now.....

Another 'PM sent' in my email that shows no such PM...and it's still not there.

..didn't work...not there.

I'll PM you my email addy. Use that....

Post here agin if that don't work, neither.

Consider the source