Float level on Aistriker

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Float level on Aistriker

Post by KDXer »

I'm curious as to whether anyones Airstriker pees like the standard PWK does ?? I know it is a float height issue but does Ron set them himself or do they come set pretty good ??

Oh and Happy B'day Ron... :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

What is set in his shop and what you get 'in the mail' doesn't necessarily have to be even faintly related.

I'd suggest always at least checking them after shipment.

As far as, 'Do they pee?'.. my personal experience is, 'Yes.' As the OEM PWK, a set level in the 'low spec' range will work better than a 'high spec' range.

A more upright kickstand (aftermarket) was probably the best resolution in my case.

Yep..Happy Birthday indeed (last weekend)!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I re-set my float level by no calibrated method, but instead, just gave the tab a good bend and felt where the close point was and noted the float angle. No more pee for me!!! If the KDX was a thirstier bike, this might cause a problem, but the petcock supplies the bowl with enough fuel for this motor without starving it even if the float level is set on the low side.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Awesome, thanks. The rest of my parts will be here Friday so the weekend is 'put-back-together' time so I will address it then also.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

I set my tab but the bike kept peeing when it was leaned over on the kickstand. I thought about getting a longer stand but didn't want to spring for it.

Instead, during my last high-altitude re-jetting chore, I looked at the float and worked it up and down. I found that one of the floats (the right one in my case) was a bit higher than the left one. The right float would hit the top of the bowl before the left one. I bent the right one down to match the left, and viola. No more pee (for now).

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

As long as we're here....

If you are having float problems (peeing being one symptom)..check for a leaking float, too.

Good observation!!

Uh...Kaydee is still waiting for parts since March? :shock: Surely he would have posted a resolution had there been one.........

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Haven't heard from Trev in a while.............

You still single? If so, come to California. The house will be finished next month. There is already one wedding planned. A family friend thinks it would make a great place to hold a wedding!

Just to keep from hyjacking;
PEE

There.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!