This SSS... and DEK on 220?

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
crs

Post by crs »

Got my 220 RB'd not long ago (carb and head). Having a play with carb setup so had a read through this forum looking for tips - and came across mention of an 'SSS'.

Now it sounds good but is it such a fine thing that slight elevation and temp changes throw it right off? Like do you have to keep fiddling with the AS all ride? Being able to lug better sounds good - but not if you have to stop and change things lots cos when it's not perfect it's crap. If so, I'm better just concentrating on the 1st SS...

Also, re. CEK or DEK... Many with a RB'd 220 running a DEK? Or is that needle change something that 200 riders notice more of a difference with?

It's all about low end, low gear steep and gnarly pull for my riding. Carb came back with 40, 150, CEK/3 and 7/8 settings... Riding 2000-5000ft at 75-95f.

Thanks for any info.
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Ron knows his stuff so I'd say your carb is pretty much set up as it is , you may need to tweek the air screw but apart from that .....regarding the SSS I think this for the kdx 200.....I've not heard of a 220 with a SSS ....it's sweet as it is :lol: the 220s don't rev out like the 200s although you can get them to perform very well.....if you're pleased with the way your 220 is performing then best leave it be & enjoy what you have .
crs

Re: This SSS... and DEK on 220?

Post by crs »

Thanks for reply... Settled on a DEK with clip on 4 - seems to work best. 7/8 on air screw with a 40. Pretty good now! Might try a 152 main... Cheers.