RB Head Mod...

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

thanks for the information. I think i may get the head if my budget permits. I will probably have to wait untill february to get it sent out but at least i will have it.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

well live decided not to get the head, i would love to but i need to get more important things. I think im gonna save all my money untill the end of december and then i should have enough to complety finsih my kdx and start my honda. Thanks for all the help.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

If that would have showed up for the 200... I woulda had it the second I seen it. :shock:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
fulltiltboogie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by fulltiltboogie »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:If that would have showed up for the 200... I woulda had it the second I seen it. :shock:
.....if I hadn't beat you to it. Wow what a price!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Here's what I bought.... looks as good as CC's now after Ron done his magic!

He shipped it directly to Ron too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 4592469124
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Before:

After:

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Ron certainly does nice work.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

So Phil: If I can still help you get that thing for you, just let me know.
Ryan: I had my 220 head set up for race gas AND high altitude riding. It increased the compression quite a bit based on my right foot kicking the bike over. I use 50/50 VP C-12 race gas and premium (for California 91 octane) and it runs like a raped ape.

I've not noticed any additional wear on any engine component, probably because the KDX motor is so over engineered in regards to limits of the motor parts and bearings that it could handle anything tossed it's way. I would not worry about a bit of increased compression causing premature engine wear.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Thanks for the offer Jerry, I think i'll wait for a bit. I have a few items that are a little higher on the priority list. If anyone else wants it, go for it!

The arse just bumped the price up an extra $5.00.