RB carb/head vs Fredette port/head/carb for KDX220

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

RB carb/head vs Fredette port/head/carb for KDX220

Post by SS109 »

6 Riders wrote:
SS109 wrote:$60 shipped.
I can't tell if PMs are working.....I'm, sort of, moved in.....So send me your info at 6Riders@c0mcast DOT net and I'll get you some money :supz:
PM coming your way!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: RB carb/head vs Fredette port/head/carb for KDX220

Post by Friedom »

SS109 wrote:
Friedom wrote:I just saw this reply now.
Are you serious?? There must be some serious jetting issues out there. I've been reading of people hitting reserve at 40 miles.
The rally trip requires up to 120 miles between stops on one of the days. I can bring spare fuel, but I'm not into carrying 3 gallons.

Hey SS, I lost track of the thread that we talked about kick starter parts on. I didn't clarify - I'm just looking for the kick lever and boss. Still have them around?
Joy to the world!
40 miles on a KDX tank? Holy crap! That is some seriously bad mileage! I think I posted a video up of the Taco Ride in the vids section. That was 80 miles round trip with some sand riding. I burned just a touch over a gallon at the half way point.

Yes, I still have the kick start parts.
Happy happy happy!

I just made an offer that was accepted on a 00 kx250 kick starter. Guess I'm good for now.

Joy to the world!
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

Can I just ask what else you have from your e series, ss? Seat perhaps?

Joy to the world!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Friedom wrote:Can I just ask what else you have from your e series, ss? Seat perhaps?

Joy to the world!
I do still have the complete seat. It was new seat foam and cover when I redid it a little over two years ago. Seat has a few little spots from a get off I had but is still in really good shape. Let me know what you need and I'll see if I have it.
'11 GasGas EC250R
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

SS109 wrote:
Friedom wrote:Can I just ask what else you have from your e series, ss? Seat perhaps?

Joy to the world!
I do still have the complete seat. It was new seat foam and cover when I redid it a little over two years ago. Seat has a few little spots from a get off I had but is still in really good shape. Let me know what you need and I'll see if I have it.
Def interested in the seat. Otherwise I have to refoam and recover mine.
Headlight/shroud, by chance? Mine came with none.
I think I'm thread hijacking now. Guess it's time to pony up and earn the right to PMs.
Btw I joined in on your group's Chiva Falls ride on Sunday. Good times. Love to check out Marana rides, but will have to work to keep up on the DR I'm told.

Joy to the world!
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Friedom wrote:
SS109 wrote:

Joy to the world!
I think I'm thread hijacking now. Guess it's time to pony up and earn the right to PMs.

Joy to the world!
Yeah, I think you've gotten 10 bucks worth out of these forums...time to kick it in :busted:
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

$10!? Do they take installments?

Joy to the world!
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Friedom wrote:$10!? Do they take installments?

Joy to the world!
Yup...ten $1.00 payments will work. One a day for ten days.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Friedom wrote:Btw I joined in on your group's Chiva Falls ride on Sunday. Good times. Love to check out Marana rides, but will have to work to keep up on the DR I'm told.
Awesome! Bill, who led that one, is a really good guy. Marana is definitely not DR friendly. I've known a few guys try to ride the trails out there on DR's and they normally bail after a 1/2 mile. It's just too tight and rough for the DR. The KDX is a better fit.

Sorry, no headlight plastic.
'11 GasGas EC250R
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

6 Riders wrote:
Friedom wrote:$10!? Do they take installments?

Joy to the world!
Yup...ten $1.00 payments will work. One a day for ten days.
Actually, it looks like even $1 is enough to qualify. Anyways, I did the deed. I his I wait now, as there's still no visible option to PM. I figure something has to process.
SS109 wrote:
Friedom wrote:Btw I joined in on your group's Chiva Falls ride on Sunday. Good times. Love to check out Marana rides, but will have to work to keep up on the DR I'm told.
Awesome! Bill, who led that one, is a really good guy. Marana is definitely not DR friendly. I've known a few guys try to ride the trails out there on DR's and they normally bail after a 1/2 mile. It's just too tight and rough for the DR. The KDX is a better fit.

Sorry, no headlight plastic.
Well it IS the dirt model, and a lot of guys I've seen riding the ol tree-fiddy are on SE models that are larger, heavier, and just less playful.

So I confirmed tonight, there are supposed to be two axle spacers and my wheel came with only one. Meh. New used one ordered from Scottsdale, looks to be better all around.
Kdx200e front caliper is nowhere near fitting on the 96 rm250 forks. Time to start shopping again.

Joy to the world!