RB mods are no joke! a quick shout out

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

I just purchased head and carb mod for my hybrid 200 and a buddies 220. Talk about a difference, more power everywhere, crisp as hell throttle response, and with that knurled air screw he sells, adjustments while you're riding the bike (thats REAL nice). the hybrid is quite nasty now, in a good way.

over the last year I went from a stock bike to pretty much everything a guy can do. Sure it made more power here and there, but it finally ran like a scalded cat after RB mods. I can command a wheelie or just spin the tire whenever I want. Before it was a guessing game. I'm itchin to go drag race my buddy on his 04 yz250. not that it was ever my goal, but I think it might just be close :boogie:

If you're serious about riding then you NEED the RB carb and head. The intent of this post is to get you, the reader, off your arse and find out what you're missing.

Thanks rob :bravo:
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
Bitteeinit

Re: RB mods are no joke! a quick shout out

Post by Bitteeinit »

If you're going to give a shout out like that, might as well give us a link/contact info along with costs. :-P
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by frenche200 »

All is here: rb-designs.com
i'm French and I don't speak English very well, so, please, excuse me :)
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Bitteeinit wrote:If you're going to give a shout out like that, might as well give us a link/contact info along with costs. :-P
The forum that this is posted in is dedicated to RB Designs and Ron's carb/head mods for KDX 200/220. Links and all the info you could ever need are contained herein. :mrgreen:
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

Bitteeinit wrote:If you're going to give a shout out like that, might as well give us a link/contact info along with costs. :-P
Yes, go to RB-designs.com for info

My experience:

it costs $160 for the basic whizz-bang to the carb (part of that is also getting a new needle depending on model I believe). He did hit me with a $10.00 cleaning charge because it was somewhat dirty on the outside (so clean that outside funk off), but I deserve that. He put in new gaskets on the jet block and float bowl($18), $25.00 for that awesome airscrew, $7 for allen screw kit for the float bowl. He pointed out that my slide was hammered, so $60 for a new one. $50 to modify the head squish band. $330 total. I got two stickers, a few different main jets, instructions on fine tuning and my old parts back (except slide). Cash and carry, all parts zip locked up separately, returned in a nice box. Please note that I did not pay for shipping as he works fairly close.
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
Tioli
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Tioli »

I agree and the word you used "crisp as hell" is a good way to discribe it. The sound alone I would pay money for.
Carb, head, desert pipe best of all worlds.
2001 KX125 with a 1997 KDX Tioli Hp motor

My KDX journey starts at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trials.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... &start=160

Trials.com.au / Forum / All about...me! / My long time friend the prancing horse / page 9