Are the RB mods worth it?

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
pastorbuck
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by pastorbuck »

Hey can you guys give me a specific description of what the RB head and carb mod does for the 220? I have an '03 kdx 220 that is stock except for the gnarly woods pipe and turbine core silencer. I like the current power delivery because it's a smooth transition from bottom to top (i don't want the typical 2-stroke mid range hit). But I would like more power than she currently puts out. What changes to the power delivery do the RB mods create? I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth the money. If there's an increase of power across the whole spectrum, I'll go for it. But if it creates a mid range hit, I don't want the mods. Give me some insight here, guys. Thanks.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

From my experience having both on my 200. The head mod will increase power across the full rpm range. It does not change the nature or delivery of that power, just more of it. Now, the carb mod does change power delivery somewhat but not much on the 200. One of the 220 guys will need to chime in on that one. Anyways, the two mods work great together to create a very wide and usable powerband and a more responsive throttle. Are they worth it? In my opinion, yes. They really helped my 200 come alive.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R