Carb KDX80 advice?

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
Arai98

Carb KDX80 advice?

Post by Arai98 »

Hey all i im pulling my hair out about this any advice will assist me please! I have a KDX80 i believe its a 1985 model. My accelerator cable broke off at the top on the carb, on opening it up it seems to have broken off at the top of the slide.I sent the carb in to be repaired and it came back with no cable, no needle, spring or anything just the slide. Its a Mikuni with the Plastic pull out choke, looking at the markings on the carb its got v328 on it, is it a VM 32 then? Secondly no one here in south africa seems to have spares. Is there an alternate carb i can use? Looking online the parts i need from the info i can find will cost $81 is it better to rather buy a complete new carb and acc cable for a few $ more? Its a good strong bike and runs great...the exchange rate isnt so much the issue its who will ship to here any advice? Thkx guys
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Carb KDX80 advice?

Post by Actionman »

eBay has Chinese carbs in the keihin and mikuni style in sizes from 24-28mm for around $70 American, but if u can get the parts for $80 I'd go that route.
2002 KDX 200