Aussie would like RB Carb Mod Help

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

OK I have just acquired a spare Carby and FMF Fatty for my Sons New to him '97 KDX 200, looking for a trustworthy Person State Side to help get the RB carb mod done?
Last edited by BigAl on 10:29 pm Dec 18 2012, edited 2 times in total.
zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Aussi would like RB Carb Mod?

Post by zomby woof »

Why would you patronize somebody that doesn't want your business?
Ontario, Canada
BigAl

Aussi would like RB Carb Mod?

Post by BigAl »

zomby woof wrote:Why would you patronize somebody that doesn't want your business?
please give me an option that gives his quality of work( with a comparable number of happy customers) for the same performance gains
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Re: Aussie would like RB Carb Mod Help

Post by KarlP »

Why would you patronize somebody that doesn't want your business?
He'll be glad to take your business, on his terms. US dollars, US shipping.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

It seems as though in this day he should start to look into taking credit cards. Then the exchange would not be an issue for him. I have seen vending machines that take credit cards so it shouldn't be that difficult.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

rbates9 wrote:It seems as though in this day he should start to look into taking credit cards. Then the exchange would not be an issue for him. I have seen vending machines that take credit cards so it shouldn't be that difficult.
He could but his prices would probably go up to cover the credit card fees on his end.

To the OP, I can help if you cover all the costs. What do you need exactly?
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

SS109 wrote:
rbates9 wrote:It seems as though in this day he should start to look into taking credit cards. Then the exchange would not be an issue for him. I have seen vending machines that take credit cards so it shouldn't be that difficult.
He could but his prices would probably go up to cover the credit card fees on his end.

To the OP, I can help if you cover all the costs. What do you need exactly?
Short version =

Basically an entry and exit point in the USA for the Carby , also some one I can pay by palpay for postage and that can pay RB in US$

Long Version =

I send Carby to you, you Then forward carby to RB (Postage worn by Me) with ( RB Carb Mod = Price is $165.00 US Funds and includes return shipping & Handling in the USA) Then You post it back to me in Priority Mail® International Padded Flat Rate Envelope**More info about Priority Mail® International Padded Flat Rate Envelope**
Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
USPS-Produced Envelope: 12-1/2" x 9-1/2"
Maximum weight 4 pounds. = $16.95 (wrapped in the extra bubble wrap it came from Australia in.)

Regards

Alan
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

You might be able to save a few bucks and send the carb directly to RB with a return shipping address to me. That would eliminate one leg of the shipping costs. Send me the bucks and I can send him a postal money order from my end for the work.
'11 GasGas EC250R
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

OK SS109, time to take this private rottn1_99 at yahoo dot com drop us a quick mail and we can sort out things from there

thanks
Alan
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I'll be in touch!
'11 GasGas EC250R
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by dude541 »

very kind of SS109 to do this,
i also had a very kind member of this forum in the usa help me out with the carb and head mod :grin: i am in the uk.

but then someone in the uk said they dealt with rb directly! i know he states on the site usa only,but have you tried emailing them?
best regards
john
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

Yes it is good of SS109 to offer :grin:

Talked to him by email, had a head sent from a Bike recycler up the road from him to him direct and have sent 1 of my Carbs direct to him from Australia (still waiting for the carb to arrive there)

Really looking forward to getting the head and carb back and on the bike, as just getting the jetting close to sorted on the stock carby, modding the top of the airbox and adding a FMF Fatty + TC2 has made it a LOT less sedate :wink:
vytis_kdx

Post by vytis_kdx »

Hi, guys. Could any body help me with RB carb and head mods shipping? I'm from europe, - Lithuania. I will pay all postages, taxes and for your wasted time!
That would be great, thanks.
KDXRIPPER

Post by KDXRIPPER »

Hi BigAl, how did your carb and head from RB turn out .Did you recieve it ,and have you tested it yet. an RB head mod is on the list of final things to do to my KDX.
cheers Peter.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

KDXRIPPER wrote:Hi BigAl, how did your carb and head from RB turn out .Did you recieve it ,and have you tested it yet. an RB head mod is on the list of final things to do to my KDX.
cheers Peter.
The below is my opinion only from my experience

I am about to be shot and quartered on here for this, but I was unimpressed by his attitued to international customers. I sold both shortly after receiving them for a loss. If I were you I would get someone in the USA to buy you his modded New AS carb (it will be nearly as cheap in the long run) or look VERY seriously at the 36mm APT Smart Carb when they release it. I got a really good boost in performance across the range from VForce RAD, FMF Fatty (Picked up second hand) and following the jetting guide on here. The modded carb gave me very little extra. I would only bother with the head mod if you have a 220.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

No shooting or quartering here lol. I can't comment on the international aspect of his business as I am lucky enough to live just a couple hours up the road from his shop (and have family in the town where his shop is). It does seem odd that in this day and age of the internet it would be an issue. I'm thinking if I tapped into the world wide market of KDX owners I'd have work to last well into my retirement....hmmm....may have to put my rusty CNC skills to work...just think of the goodies: billet case covers, radiator guards, upper handlebar clamps, custom mount brackets, etc.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

bufftester wrote:No shooting or quartering here lol. I can't comment on the international aspect of his business as I am lucky enough to live just a couple hours up the road from his shop (and have family in the town where his shop is). It does seem odd that in this day and age of the internet it would be an issue. I'm thinking if I tapped into the world wide market of KDX owners I'd have work to last well into my retirement....hmmm....may have to put my rusty CNC skills to work...just think of the goodies: billet case covers, radiator guards, upper handlebar clamps, custom mount brackets, etc.
For my 95 I need; Good 1 1/8th 1 piece bar clamps, pipe guard, skid plate, easy to mount shark fin, easy to mount front disk guard. For the 94, good rear brake lever (anyone know if the H series lever would work?), caliper guard, easy to mount front disk guard.
For both bikes a headlight mounting kit that moves the lower mount, mainly for the KX fork conversion.
A headlight mount kit to move the upper mounts on the E bikes, So when we mount big bars, we can still mount the light.
I'm sure there is a ton of other parts that I'm not thinking of.
Thanks, now get to work! :kick:
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
C George
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by C George »

For the great reputation he has , I'm sure he has plenty of work.
How many other times have we all read on here about the total unconsistency
of other shops work because they have to hire inexperienced help to keep up with demand.
Business is Business and we have to respect their reasons why.
Just my humble opinion.
05 KDX-220R / 06 KDX-225R / Maxima 927 / Millenium Tech / Ron Black / PC , FMF / Many 220 engine mods / 40 + yrs. of riding dirt bikes 🤟🤟