Just got mine back!

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Just got mine back!

Post by rbates9 »

Just got my carb back from RB and it looks great! Hopefully this weekend I can try it out.

Thinking about a Vforce 3 to go with it but I want to try it with and with out it to see where the difference is coming from. Has any one added a Vforce 3 after the carb mod and not at the same time?
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I added a VFII after
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
80elkster
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by 80elkster »

I added a Vforce 3 post carb mod. Verry crisp cleaner acceleration throughout the entire RPM range. Probably could eek a little more out by dialing in the jetting. I didn't know if it was possible to make these engines run any better than the carb mod but theres more to be had with the Moto Tassinari. Worth every penny :lol:
06 DR650 Farkled
91 WR250 2T
00 300EXC (Sold)
79 XS850 (Sold)
79 CR250 (Sold)
78 IT400 (Stolen)
75 G5 100 Kawi (Gave it away)
73 F7 175 Kawi (Sold)
70 175 Brigestone (Recycled)
05 KDX200(Son's)
93 KDX200
75 KT250 Trials
250 Quads
Just glad to be ridin!
Duke

Post by Duke »

I take it the Moto Tassinari is able to wretch even more power from the motor, even those with RB carb?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

What were you you guys running for reeds before the VF-3? Stock, or boyesen 607, or what?
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I gave in and bought a VForce 3 today. I wanted to try it out before I put it in but I just couldn't wait. The weather has kinda sucked around here but maybe this weekend might clear up.

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:What were you you guys running for reeds before the VF-3? Stock, or boyesen 607, or what?
I had a set of stock in when I bought the bike and replaced them with a set of 607's. Could be just me but I didn't feel any difference when I switched. Hopefully I will see some thing with the RB'd carb and the VForce. :grin:
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I got to try it a little tonight. I like it. I need to fine tune it a little but it definitely seems to be angrier then before!