RB Quad Vent Air Striker only on KDX200 SSS

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
SPD
Gold Member
Gold Member

RB Quad Vent Air Striker only on KDX200 SSS

Post by SPD »

Picked up a new Quad Vent Air Striker from RBD, no head mod just carby (head mod next top end change). Already had Vforce 3 reeds, Woods Pipe, FRP Torque Ring, and TCII muffler. I ride in New England with elevations that don't go past 500'. I've always run Amsoil Interceptor at 32:1 and a Iridium BR8IEX plug. Been running 13/51 gearing.

Came with 40PJ 152 MJ and CEK in 3rd position(I asked for CEK got a DEK also).

I wanted to find SSS ASAP so I went to 2 8/16 out and started fiddling around right away. Felt like I just kept missing it in between 2 9/16 and 2 10/16. Had it to where I figured it was good enough and rode for a bit with a miniscule bog at the crack of the throttle in 2nd. Kept making micro adjustments on flat sections but still couldn't get it perfect. Performance wise was already big improvement over stock carby. Decided to see what the normal SS was like so readjusted to just under one turn out. Comfortable it was dialed in there following RBD's instructions and noticed bike wasn't idling, so turned in the idle screw a bit. Bike was idling fine out at "good enough" SSS. Was still better than stock but didn't compare to where I thought it was "good enough" on the SSS. After i adjusted Idle screw, gave SSS another try and pretty confident was able to find it in between 2 9/16 and 2 10/16. Tiny bog completely gone, very crisp response, and the low to no rev pull on hills in 2nd and 3rd people have posted about. Only need to use 1st gear now on steep hills that I'm going down.

Was it a complete dumb luck coincidence stumbling on the SSS or could the idle being to low the 1st time around have made a difference?

Carb mod alone, at least on a 200, is well worth it IMO!

Next up for me I need to find a Sherman Williams and pick up a gallon of Toluene!!!
G22inSC
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: RB Quad Vent Air Striker only on KDX200 SSS

Post by G22inSC »

Toluene?
'05 Kaw KDX200 ('00 KX125 forks / '02 RM125 Showa "K2" shock)
'14 Yam YZ125(x) (oldest boy's)
'22 Yam YZ125X (youngest boy's)
'17 Yam YZ85 (soon to be FOR SALE)
'10 Honda Recon (wife's)
'08 Kaw KX65 (Sold)
'07 KTM 50SX Sr. (Sold)
'09 Yam PW50 (retired)
'97 Kaw KX250 (Sold)

Gallery

2005 KDX200 Bike Profile
chkdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: RB Quad Vent Air Striker only on KDX200 SSS

Post by chkdx »

I think you'll like the Toluene. I got mine from Sherwin Williams ($32 for one gallon!) and use one quart in 4 gallons of gas and Castrol TTS at 32:1. I have a stock 220 except for PC2 and boyeson reeds. Toluene noticeably helps low end power, has no affect on high end, at least on my bike. Gonna do RB head and carb over the winter.