Kudos to CBR bearing

Feedback on products.....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kudos to CBR bearing

Post by canyncarvr »

I needed a bottom stem bearing. Looked up the part on BuyKawi, ordered a 32005JRRS, everything was good.

..until I put said bearing on the stem and it stuck about five inches from the bottom clamp.

Some bonehead sent the wrong thing!

Well, only because some other bonehead ORDERED the wrong thing! ;)

Should'a ordered a 32006JRRS.

Called CBR to order the correct bearing, Charlie (Rowlett) asked if I was going to send the -005 back. I chose not to..too much hassle boxing, shipping let alone having CBR restock the thing because I screwed up. Besides, now I have TWO spares instead of ONE.

CBR is sending me the -006 for the -005 price! No reason for them to do that. THEY didn't screw up the order...I just ordered the WRONG part.

CBR is a good outfit. Yeah...you can buy bearings for less $$..but, for one, they probably won't be quality Koyo stuff, and two, the level of support from CBR is great!

800-769-5388

Hey! I just realized that the guy I've talked to is Charlie Rowlett..the ship ticket lists the salesperson as 'CBR'. Guess Mr. Rowlett IS CBR bearing!

FWIW..Yeah...I know BJH found Koyo bearings for less $$. That seemed kind of a 'favor' deal, though..Emerson being a distributor and all. I didn't want to mess with his bearing source trying to get a dist-to-retail deal for myself.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I've also had favorable dealings with CBR bearings. They are a top shelf company with service to match.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine