Agggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Spooge!

Feedback on products.....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Agggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Spooge!

Post by skipro3 »

After returning from Oregon and riding the Johns Peak area, I was prepping this weekend for a local ride. I pulled my plug, out of habit, and much to my dismay, it was wet, it was dark and it was incrusted with.....caked on spooge. Awful!!! The plug looked like it had been in the bike for a year and that the bike had never been jetted since purchased from the dealer.

I put a new plug in my bike and rode yesterday and afterwards, the plug was fine and back to normal. My local riding area is at least 2,000 foot higher in elevation, the air temps were at least 10 degrees warmer too. Meaning the bike should have been richer at my local area than the John's Peak area. The trail speeds and conditions were roughly the same except it was a bit drier humidity at my home riding area than John's Peak. So what's up with that?

I'll tell you!!!! I tried out the MX2T for the first time up at Johns Peak. Before I was running Maxima SuperM. When I returned home, I drained and filled by bike's tank and again used the SuperM. My conclusion is that my bike spooged badly with the MX2T compaired to the superM. I bought 12 bottles of the MX2T after hearing how wonderful this stuff is and how it reduces spooge. Bah!!! I'm an idiot. Anyone wanting to buy a dozen bottles of the stuff? $50 includes shipping!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Do you think adjusting your jetting would be necessary with the different brand of oil?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hmmm... just finishing up my last batch of the stuff... nice clean plug as always. I have switched to AMSOIL Intimidator and will have to see how that does comparatively speaking. Odd Ski....odd.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Performance wise, the bike behaved exactly as I expected it to while at John's Peak. So I would hesitate to say to rejet. I'm just going back to SuperM for now. Glad I still have a couple quarts of that on hand. I'm going to do some testing and see if one oil is more prone to spooge than the other under the same conditions.

Just the thought of what that plug looked like gives me the willys!!! Uggg
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
JD

Post by JD »

I've been running the Racing 2T (which is essentially MX2T) at 40:1 for several hundred miles now and I have no spooge. The bike pulls crisply and cleanly and never loads up.

I haven't done a top end yet so I can't vouch for any of the internals other than the spark plug which comes out nice and clean - even after putting around following the kid on his XR80.
'04 200
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

I think I am the only one here that runs Castrol TTS. I still run it at 32:1 as prescribed by the dealer, and the plug is perfect and the exhaust is light mocha brown. I have never had even a hint of spooge. This is one reason I run 32:1 because it is giving me the best of both lubrication and better power.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd