MSR Radiator Guards

Feedback on products.....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

MSR Radiator Guards

Post by Indawoods »

Easy to install... about 45 minutes, materials are good, minimal grinding on right guard to clear shroud mount on radiator.

Instructions suck and not clear at all... but if you've ever wrenched anything, you should be able to figure it out.

If they were smart, they would incorporate a bracing system...

Now the testing begins.... :twisted:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
mattR

Post by mattR »

Very happy with mine and no overheating problems.

The only small negative I noted was that the supplied mounting screws stuck out of the guards about 1/4 inch and were VERY sharp like wood screws. They got my knuckles washing the bike a couple of times. I need to grind them or maybe I put them in wrong?
97 KDX 220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I think you put them in right... that's how I put them in... but like I said...the instructions sucked! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Where did you pick those up and how much?

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Got 'em at Rocky Mountain... cheap!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Just a comment on the extended screws catching/scratching hands. I've used a glob of silicone sealant or a small wire twist connector to get rid of similar sharp ends on screws.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine