V-Force 3

Feedback on products.....
KDX220rser

V-Force 3

Post by KDX220rser »

Finally installed some V-force 3 reeds in the 220. wow big time difference. I was kinda worried though. I got them of ebay for a good price new.. But i held them up to the light, and could see a bit of a light shining through the space between the reed and the unit. I didnt think there was supposed to be a gap... Oh well it seems to be working very well...
09 KTM 250 XC-W
2005 KX-DX Hybrid
03 Ozark (under construction)
1978 Honda NC50 (under construction)
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I don't remember any gaps on mine or the one for the YZ. You might want to check and make sure it was assembled right. Sounds like it's working okay though.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
KDX220rser

Post by KDX220rser »

yeah i think i will do that. You can only see the gap when you held it up to the light in a darker room.
09 KTM 250 XC-W
2005 KX-DX Hybrid
03 Ozark (under construction)
1978 Honda NC50 (under construction)
motv8r
Supporting Member

Post by motv8r »

KDX220rser, I got this from the FAQ's on http://www.mototassinari.com/technical/faqs#pinholes

It appears this isn't a big deal. I'm actually considering buying these and was doing my research when I saw your question. Hope this helps...even though this was a few months ago.

2.) It appears that I can see “pin holes” through the reed petals when I hold them up to light, is this a problem?

2.) Absolutely not. While it may appear that there are holes in the reed material, there in fact are not. What you are seeing is just light through the resin in-between the weave of the carbon fiber and this is not a hole within the petal itself. While it may appear deceiving it should be of no concern as it has zero effect on reed petal life or performance.