Scotts Performance

Feedback on products.....
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scotts Performance

Post by Colorado Mike »

This really isn't about a product, but more about the company. I ordered a steering damper over the net on Sunday. Wednesday I started reading more about mounting the unit from their instruction available on their website, and realized I need one of their tools to reverse the arm on it since I plan to mount it upside down. Since their site says they are running behind on orders, I figured I'd call and have them add the tool to my order.

Get this, I call their CS line, and a human (speaking english) answers on the second ring. The guy actually knows the product and remembers my name when I introduce myself. I tell him that I'm not sure I explained my upside down plan in my order notes, and tell him my concern. He verifies that the arm needs to be turned around, apologizes and says that if they had known, they would have turned it around before sending it out (that means they shipped it in at most, 2 days). I tell him I need that tool, and start digging out my card, when he tells me he'll get one out to me no charge. I tell him it's my fault and I need to pay, but he won't hear of it.

Anyway, the point is, here's a company that I haven't even touched their product yet, and I am already extremely impressed with them just because of their customer service. They sell other products besides dampers, so I highly recommend you consider sending them some of your business.

Thanks,
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Sounds like they went out of their way to take care of you Mike. If/when I get a steering damper, they are at the top of my list :supz:

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I have the same experience with them everytime! A great company that's not too big to remember that you are a person and have a name.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I bought mine off eBay before I knew they made the damper in two flavors: street and dirt. I talked to Scotts and the guy told me how to adjust for the differences by changing the settings slightly. The street has a stiffer dampening due to size and speed of bike. The side range adjustments are a bit different as well. He also sent me a manual and said when I send it in for service in a couple of years, let them know it's for a dirtbike and they will make the necessary internal changes. Great guys to even talk to me, knowing I was a second hand owner. :supz:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!