RAM Mounting Systems Handlebar Mount for Garmin eTrex

Feedback on products.....
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

RAM Mounting Systems Handlebar Mount for Garmin eTrex

Post by Varmint »

If you own a Garmin eTrex series GPS, this is the mount to get.

I recently lost my eTrex Legend HCx in the woods using the shoddy handlebar mount Garmin produces. It worked OK for a while on my mountain bike and dirtbikes but eventually failed. I attribute the failure to installing the mount on three sets of bars. Eventually the plastic became weak (stress marks) and allowed the GPS to disconnect.

Since I loved the eTrex Legend, I bought another one and started looking for a better handlebar mount. I found the RAM Mounting Systems mount.
http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounting-Syst ... gy_e_img_a

I just installed it on the KDX. It comes with two u-bolts so you can install it on many size bars. I have 1 1/8 bars and it fit like a charm. It has two pivot points, so you can turn this thing any which way you like. You can have it tight to the bars (like I have it) or have it up six inches off the bars. I was able to place it right against the clamps and it takes about the same amount of space as a stabilizer would.

After I tightened everything down, I yanked and tuggged. This thing is on there. The unit even comes with a hook that you could attach to a lanyard so just in case it does pop out, it is still secure. Of course the real test will be to see how it stands up to one of my infamous wipe outs. I'll keep you posted.

Here are some pics of it mounted on my bike.

In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

I have an older model E trex , and this info is just GREAT!!!!! :supz:
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

I have the same set mount. It has served me well for about 18 months now. I did not order the standard set up. I went piece by piece and got the short arm. If you like that arm you'll really like the short one. I had used one that belonged to a buddy and he suggested the short arm. Got mine here.

Rocky Moountain sells RAM now and I have purchased extra bar mounts from them for the other bikes.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
2016 KTM 350XCF-W Six Days