Aluminum Brightener (from Napa)

Feedback on products.....
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aluminum Brightener (from Napa)

Post by bradf »

I have been washing the bike with Castrol Super Clean, and does it ever! I have noticed the radiators have been starting to corrode, you know that white crap that forms (aluminum oxide). The FMF TC II also started streaking and getting really dull as a result of the soaps. I used Mothers Aluminum Polish on the TC II and after a few applications and rubbing it came out very shiny, better than new even. This produces a black crap as you rub but it is great. But the radiators were looking bad. The Napa guy suggested this Aluminum Brightner as he sells a lot. He said it will definitely get rid of the corrosion. It DID! It is sulfuric acid and it smokes and fizzes on contact. This is sorta like naval jelly in a spray bottle. Leave it on for 20 - 30 seconds, spray off and the radiators are clean and no more corrosion. I tried it on the lower triple and it too shined up.
Last edited by bradf on 01:44 pm May 17 2005, edited 1 time in total.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I ruined a carb on my Triumph using Castrol Super Clean... It does very very bad things to aluminum. I should have read the label first and it is completely my fault. But, it is on my "do not buy" list. :neutral:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

I used it a few times then noticed the white corrosion and said WTF! (Will This Fade). I wasn't thinking any foul and obscene thoughts about watching my rads dissolve away into white powder. Anyways, the radiators are perfect now. The last thing I need is a hole in a rad. Aluminum does turn dark with age and this makes it look brand spankin again.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd