Product feedback. Nemises Body Armour.

Feedback on products.....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Product feedback. Nemises Body Armour.

Post by jafo »

Being I'm just getting back into dirtbikes, it allows me to buy numerous different products that look appealing. So, I like to give feedback on stuff I've bought or used if I really like it or really hate it.

In this case it's the Nemises Body Armour. I bought it several months ago and just got to really test it under grulling conditions, plus it was the first time I ever wore protection while riding a bike. Anyways in this case, I really did'nt like this product. One, it's very heavy, theres no ventalation and it really has some design flaws. The event I rode in was mild by Enduro standards, a 9 mile stretch for one lap, and the race was for 3 laps. The first lap about wiped me out, I was getting dizzy and lite headed for some reason and got pretty weak to where I could hardly control the bike. This was half way through the first lap! I found out that I was overheating due to the body armour! I unzipped the front and instantly felt refresh and continued my ride. It was only a balmy 70 degrees that day also.

So if your looking into rider protection, stay away from the Nemisis Body armour. I went out and bought a plain old chest protector today for the Vintage race tomorrow.

Now if i broke any rules posting this, sorry. Just wanted my fellow riders to have a heads up on this because dehydration is not fun when riding, and alot of you guys take a longer ride than I do, and we all ride rougher terrain than MX'ers which to me is more dangerous when your dehydrated.

Jon
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Thanks for the report. I concur with you on the overheating problem. One of the guys at the local BMX track had this same armour and I tried it for two or three laps on the track. I could not stand the heat and we are only riding about a 1 minute lap on cruisers (24 inch BMX bikes) in the over 50 class.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Looking at it and you can tell that it would be hot. I never had a desire to purchase one of those... A simple chest protector is all I have ever worn... years ago we wore nothing! It was not easy adjusting to the chest protector... but now I would not ride without one.
As far as protection goes... make sure it's light, strong and well designed.

For cold weather riding it may be great though.... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Inda, perhaps we need a product (gear, etc) review area for topics like this?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Gear Review forum would be great. Also, try the Fox airframe chest protecter. Not cheap, but wow does it cover and is well vented. eBay has 'em for sale new for about 20 bucks off mail or internet order, around $90. I also got the Fox elbow guards, the new silver and red ones. Easy to use but they tend to migrate down and hang a bit under the front part of the arm you are trying to protect from branches and such. Work great during a crash though. I give the chest proctecter a 9.5 and the elbow guards a 8.9 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 the highest rating possible.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Most protectors it seems were designed around a box... not comfortable at all... they all point in at the bottom at the waist. If I was to design one it would be flat at the waist. From the gallery, CC's looks like it is well designed... who makes it?
I've got an Answer right now and don't really care for it.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I think mine is an answer too. It has real good back protection which is why I bought it (okay, it was really because it only cost $40.00). That helped a lot when I was sliding down a rocky slope on my back once. The only thing I don't like about it is the shoulder caps seem too high. When I turn my head to see who's behind me, my helmet face guard hits the caps. The thing that makes this even more annoying is that there is never anyone behind me. Never. :sad: Maybe I got one meant for those African women that wear those neck stretching rings.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

OK... this is now in the "Product Reviews" area. I think we have needed this for a while... Thanks Guys!

Indawoods :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Thanks for making the Product Review forum. Its gonna get a lot of use with the bunch of us always buying stuff.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

My chest protector is a Fox Airframe. It has a hinged bottom-back part that allows the thing to narrow in at the waist (for those of us that HAVE waists) without pulling out at the top.

Other than losing the fastener for the upper arm guard once or twice, it's worked fine for the past couple years. (Fastener part was easily fixed with spare parts from an old protector).

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I see that Ski has a bid in on the only one on ebay! :lol:

Oh well... I am going to try this one out.... It's a Moose XCR... bout $120

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Thanks for not snipping me!!! My last one fell through when someone did that. I'm using a friend's airframe and love it! The o-neal is also a long lived one. I used it for a few years and it's still all together.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!