Scott desert gogles

Feedback on products.....
muddertrucker

Scott desert gogles

Post by muddertrucker »

I bought these during the winter and tried them on judt for fun a couple of times before riding with them. They have photosentitive lens wich goes from a light yellow in dark conditions (like my shed) to a light tint during sunny conditions. The transition between the two tints goes unnoticed but when you take them off you deffinatly notice and appreciate the difference.

I bought these for several reasons 1. I was due for new set of goggles 2. I will be riding in some fairly dusty conditions this summer and 3.The photosensitive lens is cool.

The guy who sold them to me said they were great for dusty conditions because they have a better seal around your face and the foam around the lens is thicker to keep dust and sand out.

I have not tried them out in dusty conditions yet however I found after one ride that what keeps dust out also keeps sweat in. After half an hour of muddy and rocky tecnical riding I found out that looking out through these goggles was like looking through a glass of water. From about half of the lens up was covered in sweat, not fog sweat. I had to keep my nose up and look through the bottom of the lens to be able to see where I was going. The temperature was not even that high at 15 degrees celsius so I can only imagine what it would be like when it hits 30. Keep in mind this was my first ride in 6 months so physical shape and skills where not at there best and I hit the toughest muddyest trails in my area.

All in all I find these to be good goggles but will probably have to make small holes in the foam around the goggles to get some ventilation going witch will completely defeat the purpose of buying this specific model in the first place.

I will try them out in dusty condition and let you all know how they turn out before making my holes.
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Gallery!
september9

Post by september9 »

I have a set of these and really like them. I have used them in 40F temps all the way up to 110F and never had any trouble. Road tripping on a dual sported XR to running trails on my KDX. I even use them with my downhill bicycle. But I have never experienced your fogging issues. Did you take them off and on a lot or something? Maybe I am just lucky so far.
1998 KDX 200
- 2000 KX 125 front end.
- Bills Pipe
- RB Head and Carb !!!
1987 Husqvarna 430XC
- Up-Tite Pipe