Quick release goggle straps

Feedback on products.....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quick release goggle straps

Post by skipro3 »

Well, I've got new helmet, goggles and goggle straps. This report is on the goggle straps. Roko Goggle Quick Straps Black Part# 1077200004 from Rockymountain. I started using quick release straps years ago when I would struggle to keep the regular straps from twisting up when I put them on and took them off. I also wore glasses (Contacts now) and it was very hard to keep my glasses in place and snap my goggles over my eyes and get them to work right without tweaking my glasses. Since I started using quick release straps, I find them very convenient and fast to take my goggles on and off, even while riding. When I stop, I can just rip the velcro strap off and let them dangle. Before, the goggles would either start to steam up, or they would hang down under my chin and my breath would steam them up there too. Sometimes, using regular straps, I would streach them out an fit them over my mouth guard on the helmet. Of couse they would be dripping wet with condensation from my breathing. One thing on the quick straps; mount them so the tabs are as far back on your helmet as you can get them to fit right. That way, if you want to remove the goggles and not have them flapping on the other side of the helmet, there will be enough strap to allow you to run them over the top of your helmet and velcro back down again. Your goggles are still handy, in a position that they won't get wet on the insides if it's raining, they won't get condensation from your breathing on them and they are quick to find and put back over your eyes when ready to take off riding again. The biggest negative is the cost. They cost me $15 for a set. My goggles were only $13 and they included the straps. Why goggle manuacturers don't provide these as standard issue must be a money thing. But the goggle company I use, A.R.C., doesn't even make a quick release goggle strap, so what's up with that? If anyone wants brand new goggle straps, let me know. I have several sets because I modify all my goggles with the quick release straps. Even at $15 it's still worth it for the convenience, and security of my goggles. Wet goggles. Goggles I can't find quickly to deply. Goggles with straps that are streached out and saggy. What good is that when your eyes need to be protected?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
ThePearl

Post by ThePearl »

I've got the ROKO's. They are really nice straps...but

I've had a lot of trouble with the velcro...well really the stickiness of the sticky parts. The solid attachment side, i couldn't get to stick on my helmet for even the first ride. My helmet (a HJC CL-XS VAPOUR Dual Sport Helmet) has some ridges on it that make it hard to find a flat place to stick these things. I fixed that side with some heavy duty velcro. Now the other side won't stay stuck. Doesn't matter what grade velcro I get. Clean it properly before too. Anyone else having this problem.

Maybe I'm keeping the goggles too tight. That will be my next try. I just thought of that as I was typing. D'oh!!! :?
2002 KDX 200
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

The other side?

You must mean the piece on the strap?

Try some Goop
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

Got em.....Love em! So great to reach up, and pull one side down, to talk to a riding buddy. Makes stopping on a hot and humid day, alot more pleasant. Mine haven't moved a bit applied on my HJC CLX-5 Helmut.
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
swatts

Post by swatts »

I had my regular goggle straps come off my chin guard and blind me for a few minutes, after that I got the Quickstraps and never looked back. The velcro can be problematic, I got extra pads off ebay. When applying definitely clean the area on the helmet and get it on the smooth part. Just a smart buy for trail riders.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I never use the small piece of velcro that comes with them

I cut a fairly large piece of idustrial strength velcro and affix it to the helmet
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
jaydollar
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jaydollar »

i wear glasses and that set up didnt work for me so i bought an arai xd off road helmet.it is a motocross style with a streetbike flip up shield.kinda pricy but i like it alot.www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/.../Ara ... elmet.aspx
1999 kdx 220
rb carb, rb head pump gas mod. 607 reeds, airbox lid drilled
fmf torque pipe
fmf turbine core Q
trail tech endurance computer
13/49 gear
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I can't imagine anyone wearing a $500 Arai on a dirtbike??

((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Or goggles on a woods ride....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "