THE "HIGHLY" RECOMMENDED TRIALS TIRE......

Feedback on products.....
rick albert

THE "HIGHLY" RECOMMENDED TRIALS TIRE......

Post by rick albert »

hey everybody; i just wanted to share some tire info with you guys,this past summer i was reading some blogs about tires and there was some mention about the usage of a TRIALS tires in THE NASTY STUFF (rocks,root,logs etc) and that spiked my interest, so i went out to my local scooter shops and started asking if they were selling any TRIALS tires to any off-road customers or if they knew anybody using them; and they looked at me like i was stupid or something. (stupid is - what stupid does) soooo; with that tone of look that i got from most; i'll take that as a NOOOO (what the HELL do they know!) so at this point in time i was going to find out more about this TRIALS tire that was so little in the know about; if it came to... HELL OR HIGH WATER. so i fired up my NOT so trusty computer and started gaining what little knowledge there was on TRIALS tires...so after weeks of research i decided to put my money on the DUNLOP 803 and boy am i glad i did; i don't know how many of you guys ever tried a TRIALS tire,but i'll tell you i'll never go back to a conventional knobby tire as long as i am riding THE NASTY STUFF!!! (almost sounds sexual - lol) it sticks to almost anything. its just unbelievable that nobody knows more about how well this tire performs or maybe nobody wants you know.....(secret weapon) there is one down side to the tire.... not much traction in sand or loose dirt....other then that its a MEAN MOTHER STICKER.....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.........thanks for reading. :butthead:
JUST RIDE !!!
blimpman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by blimpman »

You try to use a trials tire in the mud here in Southern Ohio and you better have a tug strap on your bike cuz you'll be pulling it out by hand. :mrgreen:

Now if it is dry dirt.... whole different story. Last summer when we had a mini drought... Many guys ran them on HareScramble races. You won't see many trials tires till the mud is minimised.
Brian
The destination is just a by-product of the journey
1990 KDX 200-E1 - Donated to my riding buddy Bill!
2003 YZ125
2008 WR250R
2005 TT-R230
performancecycle

Post by performancecycle »

same here on the gulf cost sand, mud and gravel, roots, hard pack ground and fallen trees all mixed together. I would eat dirt if I used a trials tire but I do have a buddy who uses them and swears by them but he trailers to the tenessee area and rides hard ground and rocks and such. I think the tire would be great depending on your riding area of coarse. Me, I'll stick to the
nasty knobblies. :?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I ride in lots of mud, and I keep the trials tire on when I do. The knobby guys fare no better than me when the mud gets deep. I see more and more trials tires every time I get out riding. Last time I was down at Brushy Mtn over here, at least 10 guys were running trials tires. All on orange bikes, but still.....
Ipaman

Post by Ipaman »

I'm running a D803 and so far love it. I don't even run super low pressure and the tire seems to have great traction. 10-11 psi.