"Dirt Wise" w/ Shane Watts - instructional-type CD

Feedback on products.....
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

"Dirt Wise" w/ Shane Watts - instructional-type CD

Post by Jeb »

Anybody else see this?

The next person may not think much of it; it's not a "secrets revealed" type of how-to, more of a back to basics that's good to watch and think about. Yeah, I know - orange - and there ARE a few advertisement moments and brief conversations with other racers bragging on Shane . . .

my son and I watched it. A couple of times. I've watched a few of the sections a few more times. The best parts to me are some of the practice suggestions: standing, braking, accelerating, manuevering, wheelies, stoppies, body posture, turning. Emphasis on practicing controls and techniques one at a time then together. How to control your bike. What someone who knows what they're doing would probably call the basics (and perhaps not be interested), but if one could do these things as well or nearly as well as Shane does them, they'd make riding their motorcycle look like they're riding their bicycle. Things I don't do enough of, things I'd like to help my son learn the right way, making this worthwhile for him and me.

Some "advanced" techniques: log crossings, rough terrain, grass tracks.

Overall rating: good for me!!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
KDXSean
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KDXSean »

where'd ya get it????
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Google it, you can get it from a number of places. Here's one that offers it at a decent price (compared to some others):

http://www.videoxsports.com/training.html

who knows, ebay may be cheaper
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Dewey
Supporting Member

Post by Dewey »

They are doing the Shane Watts riding school in my area (South Central TN) in Nov. and Dec. I am considering attending one of them, has anyone attended one of these two day events? Is it worth $300? Would love to hear a first hand experience!
Dewey
02 -KDX220
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

The testimonials at http://www.shanewatts.com indicate good things for the attendee.

I paid $150 for a one-day session from a no-name instructor here in the Carolinas. I would HAPPILY pay $300 for two days from a former world champion!!! (His school is MUCH cheaper than Mike Lafferty's school, which is in the $900 range.) I can't wait until his school is closer to my home!
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
Rod Smith
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rod Smith »

I have the DVD too and I agree it is a good buy. Good tips and entertaining also.
2000 KDX 220
blimpman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by blimpman »

Very good instructional video. Well worth the $$. It was based on very fast trail riding.

I'd like to see some instructional video centered on Enduro type trail riding. The knarley stuff and how to get thru it. Roots, creek crossings with a steep bank on the other side, steep slippery downhills, mud bogs and the like.

Guess you really don't ever learn till you do it...
Brian
The destination is just a by-product of the journey
1990 KDX 200-E1 - Donated to my riding buddy Bill!
2003 YZ125
2008 WR250R
2005 TT-R230