dB Snorkel

Feedback on products.....
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

dB Snorkel

Post by wanaride »

I ordered a dB Snorkel in the hopes it would make my KDX quieter. Here is what happened:
- bend of stock fender got in the way of the Snorkel, so I ordered an MX rear fender.
- right-most subframe tube under fender got in the way of the Snorkel, so I trimmed it away.
- new MX rear fender made contact with the Snorkel after installation. I was sure that riding the bike would cause the Snorkel to rub against the fender, and this would likely cause a hole to form in the Snorkel.
- when I finally got the Snorkel on and disregarded the contact with the fender, the bike poured blue smoke and ran badly. When I removed the Snorkel, the bike ran fine.

Clearly the Snorkel required that the bike be rejetted. This bothered me because guys on KTMTalk said that their bikes did NOT require rejetting with the Snorkel. I asked Syd Gearing about this (Snorkel creator), and he said:
- he had not heard of anyone requiring rejetting to use the Snorkel.
- he had not performed any KDX testing with the Snorkel.
- he tried to make the Snorkel fit as many bikes as possible, but it was impossible to design one product that fit all dirtbikes.

He allowed me to return it and gave me a full refund. He was a great guy to work with, but in the end, it would probably be cheaper (and easier) to buy a used OEM exhaust pipe than to order a Snorkel. If I ever buy another 2T, I'll try the Snorkel again.
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
tom

Post by tom »

i`m not familiar with the snorkel thing, but arrant most kdx s quiete with stock muffler?
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Yes, but I don't have the stock pipe or S/A...
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
torgo
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by torgo »

This is an old thread but, I thought I would put a snorkel on my 93 KDX200 and I called Syd and requested a invoice with shipping to my address. That was a week ago, no responce. I'm glad i read this post. I have the stock pipe and a Turbine Core silencer. It is pretty quiet.

Does someone have a stock silencer they want to sell?
Sorry honey it was an impluse buy.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

there was one in the for sale section