Cycra Pro-Bend hand guards

Feedback on products.....
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cycra Pro-Bend hand guards

Post by Colorado Mike »

I got these things when I did my KX fork conversion since I also wanted to go to Fat bars. My old units were Tusk D-flex, and were pretty danged good for the money. I could have reused the Tusks, but I would have had to order new bar mounts. Since I wanted to clean up the cockpit anyway, it was easy for me to talk myself into the triple tree mounted cycras.

One thing I really like about Cycra is their support. Since their web site pictures weren't clear to me which mounts I needed, I emailed them the question. Most of these outfits never respond, or if they do they just tell you what their return policy is. Cycra returned my email the next day, and told me they don't make a mount for '03 KXs. I ended up changing my upper T clamp for a Scotts , so I was back in business.

I thought the hardware supplied with these was better quality than the Tusk or Acerbis ones that I have used on our bikes. The inside-the-bar clamp is much more solid than either of the others. The plastic guards are replaceable, unlike the Acerbis, and they have little plastic covers on the ends of the guards which I didn't really think much of until I bumped it into Cruella's precious minivan in the garage one day .. :shock: but no scratch!! :prayer: I live another day. :partyman:

I haven't taken any heavy hits with these, just a few light bounces off of trees that run out in front of me, then dart back where they belong. My Tusks were very strong , the Acerbis incredibly weak. The thing I really like is the Pro-Bend feature, that allows the levers to be where I like them, and not bump into the guard anywhere.

They're pricey, but if you have the cash, check them out.

*UPDATE* they now have a fairly significant crash behind them. Fortunately, I wasn't riding the bike at the time. A buddy was seeing what a two-stroke was all about when he mangaged to wallop something hard enough to knock the wind out of himself and injure his ribs. I didn't see what happened, but when I arrived on scene him and my bike were about 30' apart. The right bar guard plastic cover was deeply scratched and abraded, but the aluminum was unbent. I still like them.
Last edited by Colorado Mike on 03:00 pm Nov 10 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I've had 'em and loved them too! They came on my KTM... but they went with the KTM so back to the ol' trusty and cheap Tusks! :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:I've had 'em and loved them too! They came on my KTM...
WHOOAAAAA...that one almost got by me. YOU had a KTM? And sold it and are now on Mean Green again? I didn't think it was possible for one to visit the land of the living dead and return.

Constantly tempted by The Great Pumpkin,
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Yeah, his 250 EXC was sweet! I should've bought that thing. He had it until he rode my KDX, then sold it and bought one...
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well... I got back into riding dirt bikes with a Honda XL350 which I quickly outgrew... so, with some research on what was the best dirt bike out there I came to the conclusion that a KTM was for me.

I didn't know a bike could jump so high and have that stiff of suspension! :shock:

The bike was sprung for a much heavier person than myself and bounced when I landed... lost control and did several summersaults before coming to a rest.

I could hardly get back on the bike after a freind picked it up and brought it to me. I overextended everything in my body .... I HURT!

I tried working it out but it just wasn't happening.... I sat for a while and my body locked up. Some freinds dropped me and my bike off at home and for the next 2 days I stayed on the couch and moved inches by the minute when I needed something.

Got back to work and felt like an old man for a few days and occasionally my hip would give out (pinched nerve I think). Man... I thought I was had and thought this was it for my riding days.

A few weeks past and my parts came in to fix the KTM and with much research I was able to set the KTM up perfectly for myself but visions of that day kept entering my mind. I was never the same on the bike since.... so, I sold it after riding Fuzzy's KDX. It was exactly what I wanted to begin with.

Now... I could handle a KTM without a problem but since I am gaining in years and do more pleasure riding than racing.... I am sticking to the KDX... the perfect woods bike.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "