Moto Carrier

Feedback on products.....
flyingbrick

Post by flyingbrick »

Just ordered the discount ramps AMC400 to put behind my Jeep. Should be here in a few days! really excited to have my bike where I want it!
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

>|QBB<[/url]
skipro3 wrote:I haul mine on a hitch carrier with a Subaru Forester. If that can do the job, you have NOTHING to worry about. It isn't even a 2" receiver. I have to use an adapter from my 1 1/4" receiver to a 2" receiver. That kicks the bike another 9" further out from the back of the car.
I'm glad this thread got resurrected and think trailers are a safer choice for small vehicles. I have a Forester with a heavy duty hitch and put my bike on my Moto Jack Rack to test it out for a trip I was taking to California. I had to use a spacer under the front of the skid plate to get the front wheel up so it wouldn't drag. It seemed to handle it just fine. The guys on the Subaru forums were against hauling that much weight, but with my modified hitch, it's stout enough and the car seems good.

I ended up loading the bikes in my pick up because the girl wanted to meet me with her KLX. I think a trailer is a better bet for a small car but do plan to use my MJR if I make a trip alone. My Forester does seem better with a trailer and It can haul three bikes, but in Ca. you can't go over 55 mph with a trailer and it sucks finding a place to store it.

Larger vehicles handle carriers easy. I don't even notice the 650 behind my Burb.
flyingbrick

Post by flyingbrick »

Does anyone(cops) give you any flack for not being able to see your license plate on that 'burb when your bike is on that?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Mine covers my plate... but what is the difference between that and a trailer? They can't see your plate either....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

>|<>QBB<
flyingbrick wrote:Does anyone(cops) give you any flack for not being able to see your license plate on that 'burb when your bike is on that?
No, but I don't drive it very far. When I used to haul my bike to the dunes behind my '97 Suburban, I'd zip tie the plate to the carrier.