LocTite

Feedback on products.....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

LocTite

Post by canyncarvr »

Finally ran out of my last Big Bottle purchase of the blue standard, went back to the store I bought my last bottle from.

They didn't have it anymore. Yeah..they had the puny little 1.5gram vials for $10...but not the MAN size!!

Was referred to several other stores...didn't find it.

Ended up at a local bearing supply house. They had all sorts of LocTite products including the green press fit stuff I earlier had to special order from some other actual LocTite dealer for my KX fork swap.

Not cheap in such quantity..close to $30, but there is much more product for the money in the larger bottles.

AND...my old bottle didn't fare too well in the reseal area. The cap didn't have a cleaning pin, fluid buildup on the bottle-top threads soon led to a broken spout. Toward the end of the bottle it was a matter of prying off the goobered top and using my finger to daub the product on threads.

The NEW bottle has one'a those neat pull top spouts that cleanly seals off the product when you aren't using it..AND allows for a much easier application.

This pull top applicator is the same as used on LocTite's super glues. You can buy a container of that stuff and actually USE it for a long time without having a plugged up spout, broken applicator tips, dried out product.

Good stuff!!
Last edited by canyncarvr on 06:33 pm Mar 15 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I was needing some noo goo too, and noticed at a bike shop I could pay $5 for a little bitty tube of impersonator Loctite, or around $3 for a much bigger bottle of "Hondabond" (or a name similar). Since I needed some right then and Loctite wasn't an option, I went with the Honda stuff. The bottle has a good top, and the product seems to work well so far, no signs of rejection from our 2 Kawis. Although they have teamed up and banned the CRF to the back yard, keeping the garage to themselves. :blink:
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Yeah, that green used to be impossible to find and now I see it everywhere. Once you have it you seem to find more uses for it.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project