Motopower DVD.

Feedback on products.....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Motopower DVD.

Post by jafo »

I bought this Motopower DVD off Ebay this week and just got it today. It covers Disassembling forks and maintenance. I sat down and watched it all the way through. I have to say, it reallyclarified alot of questions in my head and is very thorough in explanations and visual. I would really recommend this DVD to anyone who wants to know how to maintain thier own forks. It covers seal changes, disassemling the entire forks and all it's components. It also goes into how the internal parts function. It also convers instalation of Synergy Seals also. Great DVD. Kind of seems costly at first at around $44 including shipping, but if you figure what it will cost you with one set of seals changed and new oil, you have saved alot of money by buying this video.
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Does it cover the upside down forks, conventional, or both?
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

No, this particular DVD does'nt cover conventional forks, just 96-01 KX Showa/KYB forks. But if I understood it correctly, they probably offer a DVD for conventional forks though.

http://www.motopowervideo.com
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

looks like they don't cover my '03 KX forks, nor offer anything for my kid's KX 85.
Mike

'04 KDX220
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I went and looked around. They look like they are just getting started on this stuff. I would imagine it'd take awhile to cover every component on every make of bike. I'd keep checking back just in case they do offer one. I'd also try to call them. It looked like there was alot of Honda stuff and thier XR's have conventional forks. Don't know how much the same they are to KDX forks but it's worth a shot to ask.

Would the '03 forks be that much different than the earlier forks?
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I dunno, but seems like there must be enough difference that they don't include mine on the video they have. I really don't know much about the internals of forks, and would like the video to nail it down for me with no guess work.
Mike

'04 KDX220
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Yeh, I understand. I can't remmeber if there was a phone number you could use to contact them to see if some of the videos would'nt interchange with the later forks. It's to bad they don't have the specific one for your forks because they are very thorough. I'm an idiot about things and I really understand how forks work much better than before. Still don't have a clue on some things but in general I'm better off for watching the video for sure.