Asterisk Knee Braces. Must read.........

Feedback on products.....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Asterisk Knee Braces. Must read.........

Post by jafo »

Well, just for the record. I am getting a prescription from the doc for knee braces. So I called Asterisk directly to explore what I had to do to order thier braces. Guess what. They do not honor prescriptions for thier braces. Instead, they directed me to an affiliate company. So I went there on the web and looked around. They have basicaly the same custom braces that I have already gotten.

So in short, Asterisk does'nt accept prescriptions for thier braces.

Now, I did find another company that does accept prescriptions and thier braces are almost identical to Asterisk braces. Inovation Sport knee braces. They also offer a line of wrist braces. I called them and they put you in contact with a rep in your area to fit you. So thats the direction I'm going to have to go.

Jon.
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Her's the braces I'm looking at getting in a few weeks. I laso think these may be the same folks Asterisk sent me to. Not sure. The site looks familiar but not sure.

http://www.isports.com/products/morph.htm
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

My understanding is that "Asterisk" is the non-prescription version of CTi and was developed specifically to provide a high-quality NON-prescription brace.

I sure like mine. I forget I have them on.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Those CTi's don't have a knee cap guard. I would rate them unacceptable just on that point alone for dirt bike riding. Get something to cover your knee from a frontal impact when choosing a brace. My Cells are excellent. I don't notice them too much when riding but they do cause sweating in that area.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Don't get me wrong here. I'm just letting everyone know that Asterisk does'nt accept prescriptions for thier braces.

They do offer knee cap guards. I found this site in a magazine. The photo shows them with the kneecap guards in place. They also are a sponsor of
Darcy Lange for what it's worth. So they have some MX dirtbike background technology designed into them. To me they almost look just like Cell braces to me.
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>|<>QBB<
jafo wrote:
They do offer knee cap guards. I found this site in a magazine. The photo shows them with the kneecap guards in place. They also are a sponsor of
Darcy Lange for what it's worth. So they have some MX dirtbike background technology designed into them. To me they almost look just like Cell braces to me.
Somewhere, I saw a picture of the GOAT :grin: getting dressed at the MXdN. His (tall) lovely wife is sitting above him on a fuel drum. You can see RC's knee braces and they are clearly marked CTi. I'll dig around and see if I can find that shot again.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

maybe he ws doing some testing for them.????????? GOAT? I don't remember Ricky having horns and a "GOATee". :hmm: