Skid Plate review

Feedback on products.....
4Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Skid Plate review

Post by 4Rider »

Several of you recommended Utah Sports Cycle as a source for a KDX skidplate. Taking your advice, I put one on the kid's 220. It fit about as well as it could, and it provides good coverage. It does not wrap around or completely guard the waterpump, but it looks like you'd have to do something pretty bizzare to take out the waterpump.

It took about 5 minutes to install, came with all the necessary hardware, has a well placed access hole for the gearbox oil drain, and appears to be thick enough to take more pounding than the rest of the bike will survive.

mark
'02 KDX 220, '06 KTM 525 EXC Dualsport (CA Plated) '00 KTM 640 Adventure R (for sale), '04 KTM 400 EXC, '96 Honda XR400R Dualsport (CA Plated), Were not lost, we're right here......
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

There is only one skid plate the covers the waterpump and it's made of plastic.

The Utah Sports guard is of good quality and I doubt there is a better one out there.... especially for the price.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I have the plastic one and it is HARD. I ended up putting a piece of 10mm fuel hose between the guard and waterpump cover to aid in cushioning any blows.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."