Rock Gardn Flak Jacket

Feedback on products.....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rock Gardn Flak Jacket

Post by skipro3 »

I got this because I was really tired of the regular type chest protector and how it would fit with my camel bak.
This chest protector goes on like a tight fitting jacket. It zips up the front and has removeable elbow/forearm guards. That's handy when it comes time to take the chest protector off. The best part about the elbow/forearm guards is that they can't rotate while riding or during a crash. They stay where they are supposed to. The back portion is awesome. It's like an armadillo hide with several hinged plates that overlap each other and reaches way down to the tail bone. It allows much more freedom of movement than a standard protector for my head. A photo of me wearing it is in my thread on my KX250. It's hard to tell I even have something on under my jersey. It has a built in kidney belt but that is made of some sort of non-breathable materal that got me soaking wet with sweat even when riding in snow and very chilly weather. From now on, I'll be adjusting it to the loosest I can set it so my body can breathe a bit. When combined with my new Cell knee braces, I know I will be dealing with excess heat when the weather warms up. That discomfort should be worth the sacrafice in light of the protection they offer me.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

I've been wearing an EVS Ballistic Jersey for 1/2 a season and I really like it. Same thing on the elbow pads- they don't rotate and they've saved me lots of times. Mine IS a little bulky and you can tell I'm wearing it, but I can't! It's comfortable. I wear a sleeveless T-shirt under mine. Put a vented jersey over the top of it and you get really good air flow.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Thanks for the tips! I'll get a sleevless T-shirt or a tank top and give that a try.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I've used 3 different types of kidney belts and ALL of them make me sweat BAD. From cheap ones to the best Fox Hybrid, they all make you hot. I thought about using a punch to make some breathing holes but stitching it up around the holes to stop fraying was to tedious. Thanks for the review. :mrgreen:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."