Asterisk Cell Knee Braces

Feedback on products.....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Asterisk Cell Knee Braces

Post by skipro3 »

I have ridden twice now with these braces and can say that they work fine. I mean that my knees are fine; I guess they worked! Ha! Anyway, once on, and riding, I never noticed them until after the ride when I would bump my knees together. I guess I walk with my legs close together or something. The leggings I don't like: they bunch up behind my knees and rub me wrong. This was apparent just wearing them around the house. I don't wear anything between the guards and my legs. They are a tad warm, and that's in conditions where there is snow on the ground. I hope I can tolorate them come summer! The clips to put them on and off are hard to get off. I can't seem to press that dang tab deep enough to get them to release easily.
I know $500 isn't practical for most folks, but at my age (50 or there abouts) it's just taking too long for me to heal from the currnet injuries and I'm afraid one more will cause me to start thinking of taking up chess and giving up dirtbikes. But if you think about it, they pay for themselves the first time they save you from missed work, or any other event that you would have otherwise made if not for a knee injury when out riding.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

I've got the same complaint about the snap tabs- hard to get buckled and unbuckled. Otherwise, I wear 'em every time I go riding and don't even notice them. I like the sleeves, and haven't had any trouble with them bunching up.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Thanks for your input!

I think the reason the sleeves bunch up on me is because I have long legs so when I sit, the leg is folded back more than 90 degrees. This is especially true when I'm forward on the bike like when cornering. I sit way forward, feet on pegs and it's like I'm in a kneeling position, my legs are bent behind me so much.
How tall are you? If you are medium or short, I bet the bunching isn't as noticed as for taller folks.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

I'm 5' 5" and have very stout thighs. The sleeves are pretty snug. I don't come anywhere close to bending my knee as much as you're describing.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125