Riding Gear

Feedback on products.....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Riding Gear

Post by skipro3 »

I just bought some new gear. It is by far, the best riding gear I have ever owned.
For sizing: I bought the 34 inch waist and it fit perfectly. I wear 34 inch waist pants and the match was exact. I bought the large jersey. It was just a tad large, but a good thing for dirtbiking, so no problems there. I bought the large gloves. A tad small. Go at least one size larger than you think you will need with these.

Get the pants, jersey and gloves at one auction and he will send you a free set of socks. I can't believe how good this gear is. I'm also buying the vented gear. Here are the auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWN%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-Acerb ... enameZWDVW

I got everything in green, but that Dakar color and the Dune color are very nice for hiding dirt.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

You always find the good deals, thanks for the info, I am going to check it out. I purchased a pair of Fox Panther II pants this spring, hoping that they would be good as an all around pant, descent for rainy days and offer some protection. Well, I don't care for them much, they are way too long by about 5 inches so I have to tuck them in my boots ( I am 5' 9, pants are size 32), very uncomfortable. Not only that, but they are only slightly water resistant and do a great job of holding the water in. I am no longer interested in water resistant/proof pants. I would like a pair of motocross pants, a matching set preferably.
How do these compare to the Fox 360 deg. pants ?
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

The detail in the Impact pants is what impressed me most. Gussets everywhere, triple stitching, about 6 different materials in construction.
The gloves as well. I bet there are 25 different parts in each glove. Even the first two fingers of each glove have beads of grip rubber on the undersides for traction on the leverls and every finger has a set of holes at each knucke joint, stitched like vent holes in a baseball cap but smaller, for ventilation. Wow!
I've not seen Fox 360 pants in person, so I can't comment on them.
Good Luck!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

I ended it up going with the 05 line from another seller as it was cheaper with shipping, and no duty, hehehe :mrgreen: .

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1

Thanks for the review Skipro.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Good deal there Phil. I haven't seen the '05 series in person, but if it's anywhere near the quality of the '04 you will be happy. What color did you get it in?
Jerry

KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

I got it in black, the same colour that is shown in the auction, matches my helmet and boots. "They" say it is much like the 04 version, a few differences. With cheap shipping, no duty, and $3 in taxes the price is right on for me. This will be much better than the gear I have right now, my pants are fox panther 2. I am supposed to be able to wear them over my boots and waterproof, but they are about 4 inches too long, tucking them in my boots has got to be uncomfortable, and they hold more water in then they do keeping it out.

Judging from what I have read, they seem to ba an excellent deal, I'll let you know how they hold up in the snow :? .