E-series DG pipe

Feedback on products.....
KDXrider1989

E-series DG pipe

Post by KDXrider1989 »

Figured I'd do a right-up since I didn't see many people with this pipe on their bike and didn't see much info about it prior to me getting one myself. Anyway, I saw this one for a good price on ebay and went after it. I've heard that it's a super strong pipe and gives the bike more low and mid-range over the FMF, I figured since I'll be racing this bike in hare scrambles and enduros that this is what I need. Fitment is nice and everything lined up, my custom exhaust mounts made it that much easier (forgot to snap some pics of those :doh: ) I found that the FMF is much more "tucked-in" than the DG is, the DG kind of reminds me how my stock pipe looked but with a bare metal finish. I'll need to retune the carb when I get time, but my first ride with the new DG pipe was what I was expecting after hearing about it. I noticed a gain in mid-range and reduced top-end power, low-end power to me seemed to be the same. I don't know if I should like it or not, I plan on racing the KDX in a hare scramble on June 9th. I guess that will determine my likings for the new pipe, until then stay posted!

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: E-series DG pipe

Post by KDXGarage »

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Sweet ride! :supz:

Thank you for the pics on the pipe!! Some ooold issue of Dirt Bike magazine had an E series pipe test.

I have an unplated pipe on my main ride. After a blast from a power washer, I use some light oil in a spray can and some paper towels. I give it a nice oil coat (and spray some in the hanger crevices) before parking it. It has kept my pipe from rusting.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXrider1989

Re: E-series DG pipe

Post by KDXrider1989 »

Thank you :grin: yeah the pipe has a clear coat on it but im still skeptical about the pipe rusting, the clear coat is pretty thin and already chipped in multiple places