Tire reviews

Feedback on products.....
pearman

Tire reviews

Post by pearman »

I have tried a few tires in race and riding and I wanted to give my findings and compare to what others are using out there.
I have a 97 kdx 220 ,fmf gnarley,turbine core,boysen 607 reeds, Fredette suspension frt & rear and several other goodies & mods.
Front tire has always been the dunlop mx 51, it seems to work very well in the tacky / mud. in dry conditions it sometimes gets a little slipery and
wants to wash out, I run 12-14 psi (comments please)
rear tire I have tried dunlop mx 71,mx51,d803 trials and now a Vrubber trials
mx71 just dont do much for me in the woods , not too bad if there is some mx track is used as part of a hare scramble track, but in the rocks i dont do well with this tire.
mx51 is a great tire for tacky/light mud if Im just out practicing. this is a good choice matched up with the mx51 front makes for a great trail ride using stock gearing (comments)
dunlop d803, I really like this tire . I bumped my rear sprocket to a 49 and the gearing works great. This tire for me is like being on rails. It seems to be able to handle anything in the woods. Tacky/mud/rocky (its really good in the rocky stuff). But this tire is not a good tire for any kind of mx conditions.
The bad thing about this tire is it just gets torn up in just a few races/ rides (knobs tear off easy) (comments)

Last is the Vrubber trials. This tire feels very soft when you touch it almost sticky. But wow it really grips and takes the rocks well. I havent got much time on it yet but it is holding up really well (comments)
all rear tire pressures are 12-14 psi
sorry this is so long but I wanted to share with everyone and I encourage comments
Thanks pearman
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Tire reviews

Post by rbates9 »

pearman wrote:Last is the Vrubber trials. This tire feels very soft when you touch it almost sticky. But wow it really grips and takes the rocks well. I havent got much time on it yet but it is holding up really well (comments)
all rear tire pressures are 12-14 psi
I have a Michelin trials tire and one of my riding buddys has a MT43. I have found that with a trials tire you should run a ultra heavy tube and let the air down as far as you can to get the most traction out of it. For me if it feels way too soft then let another pound out and it should be good. :grin:
KDXrider1989

Tire reviews

Post by KDXrider1989 »

I have an MX51 up front on my CR 125, a 90/100-21. It does get a little squirrelly on the hard stuff sometimes but nothing unmanageable. I usually run 15psi. Havn't trail ridden my CR yet, but the tire does pretty well in the soft stuff and I would think that those small knobs would be great for grabbing some tree roots and digging into the ground. I'd like to see how it would perform in sandy terrain