Perelli MT43 & Perelli Scorpion

Feedback on products.....
cragwl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cragwl »

Just installed the Perelli MT43 trials rear tire and the Perelli Scorpion in the front and thought I'd share my thoughts.
Install was normal, 2 beers for the rear tire. Heavy duty tubes are a pain. 1 beer for the front. :partyman:
The test ride was at Tahuya. Great place to ride if it has been raining,good all year around here. Trails are fast and deep with puddles and 1-3 inch marbles filling the trail floor. I normally would ride white knuckled for the first few miles until I got used to the rocks rolling beneath my treads. Not with the new rubber. I was hoping for improved control but was surprised with how much. Felt like I was on rails, my speed in and out of the corners was smooth as silk. Up the steeps without a worry, and the down hill sections reminded me of my mountain bike years.
I always loved riding, being out on adventures with my 2 boys and a few friends. Having the new tire setup has made me better. I think I like that and it was worth it. :boogie:
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Perelli MT43 & Perelli Scorpion

Post by Julien D »

Awesome! I do love the MT43. Great all-around tire.
Cha Ching

Post by Cha Ching »

cragwl wrote:Just installed the Perelli MT43 trials rear tire and the Perelli Scorpion in the front and thought I'd share my thoughts.
Install was normal, 2 beers for the rear tire. Heavy duty tubes are a pain. 1 beer for the front. :partyman:
The test ride was at Tahuya. Great place to ride if it has been raining,good all year around here. Trails are fast and deep with puddles and 1-3 inch marbles filling the trail floor. I normally would ride white knuckled for the first few miles until I got used to the rocks rolling beneath my treads. Not with the new rubber. I was hoping for improved control but was surprised with how much. Felt like I was on rails, my speed in and out of the corners was smooth as silk. Up the steeps without a worry, and the down hill sections reminded me of my mountain bike years.
I always loved riding, being out on adventures with my 2 boys and a few friends. Having the new tire setup has made me better. I think I like that and it was worth it. :boogie:
That statement is priceless! :supz:
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Can't say I can agree with the front tire for the riding I do but a trials in the rear is a wonderful thing! Except on steep loose down hills...
cragwl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cragwl »

A nice thing it is, thinking your an "OK" rider and finding out you are better than you thought. Not bragging or thinking I'm all that, but I am, and can be, better than I thought. Simple thing as changing tires, I wonder what else I can do?
cragwl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cragwl »

Having nothing to compare the front with but the worn out tire that was on the rig, the Scorp was great. When the trail gets steep and loose, I pull in the clutch and shift my weight back a bit and ride the kdx like its a mountain bike. I love it.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

cragwl wrote:A nice thing it is, thinking your an "OK" rider and finding out you are better than you thought. Not bragging or thinking I'm all that, but I am, and can be, better than I thought. Simple thing as changing tires, I wonder what else I can do?
Setting up the suspension properly, and then adding a steering damper, and your gold.
cragwl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cragwl »

I followed the sticky on suspension set up and feel pretty good about that. I haven't looked into the steering damper. Are you talking about an USD fork or is this something different.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Nah. USD conversion is nice to have, but not necessary if you have set up the stockers to work for you and you're happy with them. A steering damper, Scotts, WER, GPR, etc. Eliminates head shake at high speed, and keeps the bars from getting wrenched out of your hands when you hit a rock or root or log in the twisties. A real confidence builder.
cragwl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cragwl »

Thanks for clarifying. USD's were on my radar but I may think about the steering stabilized now too. I'll have to assess my steering control on the next ride. I'm certainly no speed demon but I am chasing a pack of teenagers through the woods. They will be getting quicker and I will be needing every kind of aid to keep up.
CoronasAndChips
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by CoronasAndChips »

cragwl wrote:Thanks for clarifying. USD's were on my radar but I may think about the steering stabilized now too. I'll have to assess my steering control on the next ride. I'm certainly no speed demon but I am chasing a pack of teenagers through the woods. They will be getting quicker and I will be needing every kind of aid to keep up.
Youth and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery....
Elbow grease contains no trans fat!
CoronasAndChips on XBox Live
BFBC2, BF3, COD 2,3,4, Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption, Tiger Woods 08' and 09' and Forza 2..... mostly
cragwl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cragwl »

Youth and enthusiasm are qualities that I no longer have. Wisdom and experience are qualities we cling to now. And if that's not working, I am the man with the wrench.
jeepnhal

Post by jeepnhal »

I put a mt43 on the rear of my KLX.It performs amazing,street,rocks,hard pack.Not so great in deep mud,but I'll sacrafice that.I've got plenty of miles on it on/off road and it's wearing perfectly.
When there's mud in your blood
1994 KDX200
1990 KDX200(parts bike)
2006 KLX250s
1985 TRX250 Fourtrax(snow machine)
1985 XR100 (booze cruises)