My Scott's Damper Review.

Feedback on products.....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

My Scott's Damper Review.

Post by jafo »

Well I felt alot better today, I had a head cold last saturday when I rode and was very tentative riding. Did'nt ride to long either. As said, felt much better today. I opened her up today! Knee was ok, so here we go. I covered 28 miles of multipule terrain. I realy got agressive with the bike today, alot of sharp tight turning, big rock and plenty of logs and high speed,,,, well high speed for me where I ride. I did noticed the damper today, more on the big rocks than anywhere else realy. I shot through the rocky terrain and noticed myself not fighting to keep the bars straight. Matter of fact after a small adjustment on the damper it felt great in the tight woods, but still worked where it needed to. I really noticed it also on downhills of big rock, still same affect, not fighting the bars. I had fun today, more fun than I've had in awhile. I have to give the damper some credit there. One of my now favorite runs is a very big rock wash. Has large burried smooth boulders sticking out of the ground and a foot tall rock ledge half way up. I was shooting through this sucker at about 10 mph, guess, and seen this rock ledge right there in front of me. I had to guys that stoped that were watching me go by and I knew I could'nt stop, I could'nt go around it so I just had to go through it. I was commited. I just gave the bike a shot and hit the top edge of the ledge and over I went. I hardly noticed it! I did'nt want to stop and look back because I did'nt want to let on that I did'nt know what I was doing. Thinking those guys were still there. :lol: So I shot over the ledge and burried the throttle around the corner. Man that felt good! I was really enspired then and started to pick up speed through the woods. I started then making laps around the whole area. It was just fun as hell. I think the damper was worth the money for sure after today. Theres one part of the area thats a curvy long trail where the trail changes hieght through transition areas. The transitions are drainage ditches and you cross them at an angle. I did this at high speed, not to mention it's been dry and the dirt is realy loose. I could tell the damper was working through there also. Then theres the rocks about the size of baseballs when you come out of the ditches. Bike rolled over them like they were'nt there. Again the damper worked again. I think it will come into play at some races too. I've never shot through those big rocks that fast. I hit some big ones and it never felt like it was out of control, not once. Same way going down losse rocky hills. I was having a blast. I may go back tomorrow and play some more. I am sold on the damper! :prayer:

By the way, Indi the fork adjustment worked. I adjusted the forks two clicks down. Worked like a charm. Bike performed awsome today.

Jon.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Very good to hear you like it after more testing.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I was loving mine yesterday, very rocky ride. My bike was boiling and I lost my rear brake, two of our party got lost for a while. With all that going on, I was glad to have an easier time controlling the bike especially with having to carefully modulate the front brake on the long steep descent. The more you use it, the more you'll like it.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I'm sure it will come in handy when I start racing the bike. I noticed my arms were not fatigued yesterday at all. Thinking about it now, I did'nt even suffer any arm pump at all. Not eve during warmup. Thats when I usually get arm pump bad until I get warmed up. I did'nt even go through that. Hmmm, this damper is making a difference afterall. I just did'nt take time to notice last weekend, I was to under the weather.

Oh by the way, did you all check out my pics in the gallery? I have pics up of the damper and new bars.

Jon.