Seal Savers

Feedback on products.....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seal Savers

Post by canyncarvr »

Used on KX forks. Savers are for 44-50mm forks, 'long' style.
$27 from RockyMtn.

These are a snug fit on the '99 46mm forks. They cover the entire lower tube. I still use fork guards, so don't know how well they would stand up to rocks.

I do like the idea of having the tube completely covered, though. The fork guard guides still fit (if you use them).

They clean up well, too. Hit'em with a hose and hours of riding dust comes right off.

I haven't taken them off to see what gets under them..but I doubt much if anything does.

The 'stiction' part of it? While I'm sure it is somewhat increased (couldn't NOT be), I couldn't tell the difference with the Savers on or off.

Good product!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I concur!
Good product... I did look under mine and it was very clean.... especially up by the seals....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
mattR

Post by mattR »

I have used the short seal savers on my stock KDX forks for about a year. They kept forks very clean while intact, but did not hold up to woods riding. The fabric got small tears from rocks and trees and of course dirt got in and both seals leaked shortly after. After three sets of fork seals I am going back to stock rubber boots this week.

Probably good for USD forks with guards.
97 KDX 220
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Yup. Gotta have fork guards...in my never asked for opinion. :wink:

If I get smacked by a branch hard enough to just about knock me off the bike...I don't suppose a neoprene bootie would help much. That does happen to me regularly..I'm sure it happens to the front wheel assembly all the time!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!