steahly stator

Feedback on products.....
paulkdx220

steahly stator

Post by paulkdx220 »

installed a 65w stator from steahly off-road for my '01 kdx220. it turned my stock headlight into something very useful. i went for a blast last night on the trails and it worked very very well. very easy to install. now to get a bit more range... a clarke tank perhaps...
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I run the same thing. Works great :)
SCREAM

Post by SCREAM »

I would highly recommend you not getting a clarke tank. They are total garbage. bought one from rockymountainatvmc.com thank God because they made it very easy for me to return that POS.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Strange. Clarke has been around for a long time, and many people love their oversize tanks. As a matter of fact, I don't think i've heard anyone say that before. Care to elaborate?

J.
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

Who needs an oversize tank on a KDX anyway? I can get 90Km of uphill trails before reserve. How much further do u want to go?
'00 KDX 220R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Depends on how long your trail systems are, no?
SCREAM

Post by SCREAM »

This so called fuel tank was immediately disappointing when I first got it. It was ugly, the plastic had a swirled, uneven finish, it looked like it was a ten year old abused junk yard gas tank you would pay 5 bucks for. The disappointment didn't end there. I went to test fit it to the bike hoping the seat and radiator shrouds would cover up this eyesore of a tank and the fit was as awesome as the finish. It pushed the seat up high enough that it would force you to change your riding position. It pushed the radiator shrouds out so far that the flanges that are supposed to fit under the seat were now sticking out like they were pried open with a crowbar. The best way I can describe it would be to say it looked like I put compressed air into a gas tank and expanded it until it looked it's most ridiculous. Once I had this disaster installed as best I could I turned the bars to check the clearance and guess what, there was none. The triple clamp hit the tank on both sides while turning lock to lock. I know these tanks have worked for many others but if you own any H model KDX200 or KDX220 DO NOT BUY THIS TANK. I couldn't send it back fast enough. The only way I could see anybody being happy with this tank is if you absolutely don't care how your bike looks and are content with sub par fit and finish.
paulkdx220

Post by paulkdx220 »

my kawasaki is a kdx220 A8, does this change anything? what's the diff between E, H and A?
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

All the tanks I've gotten from Clarke (2) and IMS (4) have not been what I would call show quality, and none of them fit perfectly even with some finessing. Many dirt bike products seem this way.

I do have two OEM oversized Husqvarna tanks made by Acerbis and they are much higher quality but weigh a ton.
Oregon Trail

steahly stator

Post by Oregon Trail »

I'll have to see if Chuck has any coils in, it's nice having club members with OHV businesses. :rock: