Any reason mine has a 122 main?

A reference for the PWK carbs...
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

>|<>QBB<
moto_psycho wrote:but yeah, before and after dyno figures would be nice :)

when my carb turns up ill get some mods done myself and get some pics up / tutorials
Make sure you include before and after dyno results.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

BTW... I hope you got the cap and elbow with the carb or you will be hunting one of those down too... the KDX's is special. :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

"Install new needle (gives the carb that personality) - crazy..
Change jets (if necessary) - more crazy "

u obviously don't know much about 2 strokes then :roll:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I find it very funny that you come to the forum not knowing jack crap about the bike and them proceed to cut down what Ron does for the carb mod... and more to the point, cut down that he is thorough in his description but are upset that he doesn't spell it out with exact specs.

We have heard it all before.... allot of talk and then just fade away. Your additude is nothing new but always ends with the same results.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

im not cutting him down in the slightest, i just wish more information was supplied and with more evidence backing it, i would never hand over my cash without proof of what i'm getting for my money :)

and yes the crow phrase is appropriate, but i don't have a manual for the bike thus i did not know what was actually supposed to be fitted.

im not on this forum to cause a fuss, i just think that tuning a bike is far more fun as a personal endeavour than to just give components to a 3rd party and have it all done, to me thats like buying lego and having someone else put it together :)

n e way, i dont plan on ruffling feathers, its just in my nature :) haha
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

and yeah, i know 2 stroke jetting is tricky, but theres a million ways of making it as easy as possible, hence why ive previously asked for base tunings, and i think the best thing a forum can do is put everyones jetting together as a whole so that everyone can learn from it! then you have the use of colour tune, plug chops, exhaust gas analysers, dynos... its really not that hard

and if you buy a universal throttle cable all the extra possible fittings come with, hopefully ill be able to make it fit otherwise ill have to fab 1 up

but yeah once again! im not here to ruffle feathers! but to ask questions normally gets everyones heads turning and not just my own, i may be a pain in the ass but we'll all learn something!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

There are hundreds of members who have had Ron mod their carbs and heads. There is an entire section on the forum dedicated to the RB mods. Ron has over 30 years experience with building race motors and dedicated 2 years to perfecting these mods. I think he has done his homework.

What exactly don't you trust about 100% positive reviews? You may want to look around a bit.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Get yourself a 35mm KDX carb off ebay. You'll be ahead by the time you buy the parts for the PE to get it running right.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

what is the best needle for these carbs? the 1 ive ordered is needle free :?

pwk obviously!

cheers!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

wow. just wow.

um. Good luck? That 36mm carb will be less than ideal. I don't know what needle to recommend for that carb. It will not tune the same as the stock 35mm carb, I do know that much. Perhaps you can utilize some of that olympic swimming pool sized engineering facility and do some dyno testing on a few different needles?

As far as Ron's mods go, the dozens upon dozens of satisfied customers are evidence enough for me. His work is top notch, to be sure. You expect him to tell you how to do it yourself? That would be good business sense right there.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote: As far as Ron's mods go, the dozens upon dozens of satisfied customers are evidence enough for me. His work is top notch, to be sure.
He's not only a great machinist but a great guy to deal with, fast turn around, and great customer service; he even sent me a xmas card when I had mine done. You don't see that type of customer service with other shops...
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I may take your 36mm carb depending on it's condition.

You want a 35mm for the KDX. I used to have an exra or I'd swap ya. It's not the bore size, but the entire external size of the carb. The 35mm is on a smaller body, and fits the KDX intake/boots. The 36 is the same as a 38/39.

As far as RB's mods. The 35 to 36mm bore would be the about only thing to show up on the dyno. The rest of the mods affect part throttle response, and are very hard to measure. Would probably see a slight increase in TQ, but nothing that's going to make you look at the dyno, and go WOW. In real-life application, it's a whole different story.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

>|QBB<[/url]
juliend wrote: um. Good luck? That 36mm carb will be less than ideal.
why? got any evidence to back this up?

heres an extract from A.G.Bell's book in regards to carb sizes and 2 stroke tuning.

scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

i don't see the 200 or 220 in there...
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

ok, so
175 for enduro is 33 minimum
250 for enduro is 36

36 - 33 = 3

250 - 175 = 75

75 is divisible by 3

so, 33 + 1 = 34

175 road race - 35 - 38
250 road race - 40 - 42
------------------------
difference ----- 5 --- 4

so, we have no real consistence, BUT 5 / 3 = 1.66, 35 + 1.66 = 36.66 so 200 road race minimum is roughly 36.66
4 / 3 = 1.33 so my max is 39.33

so approximations for road race tuning on a 200 are

200 road race - 36.66 - 39.33, so to be safe, lets say roughly 38 should be perfect for the revvy motor i am hoping to ascertain.
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

so can anybody please just tell me the needle jet and position that runs best on the 35 or 36mm version of the pwk they have on their bike...? its not hard, come on.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The fact that a 36mm PWK is a large body carb kills it bro.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Look it up in bike profiles :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

it came off a E model 200, im actually placing my bets on hes measured it wrong or its been bored out
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Could be!

Kawasaki needle is a 1173 or 1174 or you could get a Keihin needle DEL or CEL
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****