Need jetting advice please . . . . . . .

A reference for the PWK carbs...
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Need jetting advice please . . . . . . .

Post by ihatefalling »

Ok guys, hate to admit this but, I've never really jetted my bike. The extent of my tuning would be to raise or lower the needle depending on whether it's summer or winter :oops:

Yesterday I went riding and it was 35 degrees. I've been riding in the 50-70 degree range lately (or warmer from the summer). The bike had no power down low. I couldn't bog like I'm used to. I had to feather the clutch for the first time ever!

So today I read the jetting guide. Warmed the bike up.

Started with the fuel screw. Bike settled in at it's fastest idle at 3.5 turns. It had a 40 pilot so I put in a 35. I went out to adjust it while blipping the throttle to 1/4 turn. I really couldn't ever find a sweet spot. It was more like a wide range from 1.75 - 2.75 or so.

SO I read on about adjusting the clip. From 1/4 to 3/4 it felt like a smooth bog at the beginning but then came out of it, so I lowered the clip 1 notch (raising the needle).

I rode it around and it felt better in the midrange but was still lacking some on the bottom.

If I let the bike sit in neutral for a few seconds and settle into an idle....and then twisted the throttle fast.....there would be about a 1/2 second bog and then it would hit.

I appreciate ya'lls advice. It's a 220 that's been RB'd if that matters.
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

As the temps drop... your jetting should get fatter. From a 40 to a 45 etc...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "