There isn't a bog when tuning screw for response?

A reference for the PWK carbs...
raisedinal

There isn't a bog when tuning screw for response?

Post by raisedinal »

Hi there. Its a rainy day, and the Kid is napping so I thought I'd finally put on the FMF pipe thats been sitting in the garage. so I did and thought I'd check the mixture screw (am I calling it right) and that it was set for best response.
RB's paper work says use 1/16th turns and don't tune for highest idle. I did check highest idle and its close to 1 turn maybe a little more just by ear.

other than that I don't see a difference in just cracking the throttle. (my first 2 stroke) but its pretty responsive, anywhere. I tried little cracks of the throttle. some just barely opening some more, then I tried ideling it low so with barely opening burst. Still no change. So I put it back to where RB set 7/8th turns out. Ya'll are probably going to tell me to ride it so I'll do that on a drier day. I did open the stock silencer drain plug and drain out the spooge. wasn't a ton...maybe 1-2 oz.

Maybe the pipe will make some difference but on my last big ride there was some bog and steep hills brought the RPM down so I feel it can be fine tuned...I guess I need more practice.

(I think its in my sig but I can't see it till I post this...02 KDX 220, with a RB modded carb, and head on fresh top end, with Boysen 607 reeds, with fresh plug and fuel)
2002 KDX220, Wiseco piston, RB Head and Carb, FMF Rev, 0.41 fork springs in stock forks.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

You got it...test it under load.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project