jetting question

A reference for the PWK carbs...
jowens66

jetting question

Post by jowens66 »

I just bought a 2005 KDX 220. I will be installing a FMF Gnarly Desert pipe and using the stock silencer. I have a twin air filter and the airbox top removed. A friend of mine has the CEK (3rd clip position) needle, 150MJ, and 40PJ that he will give me. My elevation is sea level to 3,000ft and temp is 50-90. Also, the bike has the stock 33mm carb. Would this be a good place to start for the jetting?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

If your carb has not been modified by RB-designs then a CEL or DEL will be the needle you will want to use.

The DEK and CEK are best for modified carbs.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jowens66

jetting question

Post by jowens66 »

thanks...what clip position, PJ, and MJ should I use with the CEL needle?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Always start on the middle clip position with a new needle.

PJ and MJ help should be along shortly. I am a 200 guy and do not want to suggest that jetting in a 33mm carb.

You can look in the Members Profiles forum and check out some of their jetting on the 220's while you wait.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jowens66

jetting question

Post by jowens66 »

Thanks for the help. I know I will have to fine tune it, but I want to find a good starting point. I'll take your advise and look at some profiles while I wait for some 220 experts.

Thanks again
kevfort19

Post by kevfort19 »

i'm at 620ft altitude from sea level riding at the same temperature of you, my pilot is 40, JD jetting needle to 2 clip from te top, main jet 140 and 142, i have a fmf gnarly pipe with the powercore 2 silencer, airbox snorkel removed. IPONE S2 oil at 50:1. and it goes well
KDX 220 2001 =)

Don'T drink and drive...just give some gas and fly :D
Normski84

Post by Normski84 »

just a quick one i was looking on the Kehien website and it talks of Main Jets and Slow Jets is the Slow Jet the Pilot Jet or something tottally different please excuse my ignorance. :sad:
If at first you dont succeed.. Then push the other guy of his bike!!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Correct. The 'slow jet' is the pilot jet.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!