Needle Question

A reference for the PWK carbs...
AwfulSmokey

Needle Question

Post by AwfulSmokey »

My 89 200 is stock , except the lid is removed. It's running 155/45 and seems ok to me(i am easy to please i guess). I'm not sure what a needle change would do.

Anyhow i have the stock needle and i can only see one empty groove on the bottom, so i assume it's 2 clips up from the bottom. Should i change the needle, move it or leave it alone?
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

AwfulSmokey

Post by AwfulSmokey »

>|<>QBB<
I have read that before. It's a good read. My bike is properly jetted. Thats why im asking about the needle. Can it make my bike better?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yeah.... m0rie has the details on the needle... a CGK or something like that...

>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:Look at picking up a CGK needle from sudco to replace the lame stock kawi needles. Run it in the #1 or #2 clip position with a 152 main and a 42 pilot to start. You'll like the difference. You might want to check the condition of the reeds. If you see any chips, frayed edges or they don't seal tightly against the reed cage then you are going to want to replace them. Also if they have the stock brass duck bill reed stops on they are most likely the original reeds and should be changed.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "