Jetting with Stock Pipe

A reference for the PWK carbs...
ebeck

Jetting with Stock Pipe

Post by ebeck »

I am putting a KDX motor on a KX and as part of it I plan on using th stock pipe. Obviously with the KX airbox, ther eis no restriction and the KX250 boot is substantially larger than the KDX. There is no restriction at all even compared to the KDX airbox with the top removed. Additionally I plan on using a PC silencer and a stock carb. For now at least.

So, I have Aftermarket silencer, open airbox and stock pipe in AZ which is about 1500 ft. Anybody come up with a main/needle/pilot combo for this? Maybe stock works well?

If so I would appreciate the informtion or least point me in the right direction here.

Thanks.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Good to see you here ebeck, you've got a great kx/kdx conversion going!
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

Ahh thanks brotha! I just need to get the Jetting correct and this is the place for those that know.

I gather I need a CEL needle but beyond that I am lost. I could read it all but someone here knows. I'll post up the complete KX/KDX conversion how to and someene tell me how to jeta stock pipe with open airbox and aftermarket Silencer (to start with).
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I always start with a 155/45 jet combo if it is a 200. Safe but not way rich.

Cel is fine... better than stock needle.

Post some pics of your conversion if you would....

Welcome to the site too! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Welcome! Another Arizonan, sweet! Where abouts do you live?

Tis is definatly a sweet KX-D your building, I can't wait to see the final bike.

Well he did post pictures... over there... ;)
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Why a stock pipe? You'll get more right off the bat with a gnarly or a PC . . .

welcome to the site!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

I am in scottsdale AZ. Well, I am using a stock pipe becasue I have to do some fabbing to make it fit and the REV pipes have clearance issues and the torque pipes I am not sold on. So I will wait and see.

That and I have 2 stock pipes. I will wait until I get used to the bike and dump it several times and damage the pipes before I spring for a good one that I will likley damage right off the bat.
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

ebeck

Post by ebeck »

What is the stock jetting then?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Depends on which dealer sold it. Usually about a 160/48-50 which is WAY rich.... for warrantee purposes.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "