Bike won’t idle when warm and bogs

A reference for the PWK carbs...

Postby NateFin » 08:17 pm May 14 2018

Hey guys so I’ve got a Kdx200 2001 with an fmf gnarly desert pipe. The bike will idle with the choke on when cold, then once it warms up a little it doesn’t want to idle at all, and when I try to rev it it will bog a little initially and then finally rev. When ridden it struggles and the power feels a little hollow. I’m at about 100 ft of elevation. Any suggestions on what the problem could be? Also a link to a good back tire would help too I’ve heard mixed things about different brand tires. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NateFin

Re: Bike won’t idle when warm and bogs

Postby Jason » 10:33 pm May 14 2018

Welcome to kdxrider.net. It sounds like a gummed up passage in the carb. Have you tried cleaning it? DO NOT dip it in Berryman's or similar carb dip formulas.

Sand back tire? Rocks back tire? hard dirt? Soft dirt? Pavement? thick mud?
Thank you, Julien D for all your hard work!

PLEASE! Do not "dip" PWK Keihin carbs in Berryman's to clean them! It will damage the internal o-ring (jet block gasket).
Jason
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Postby SS109 » 03:16 am May 15 2018

Was it running fine before and just started doing this or did you just buy it and it's been this way?

Tires are very subjective and a great one for one person sucks for another. To even have a chance to recommend something that might work for you we need to know what conditions you ride. Also, are you wanting maximum traction or maximum longevity or somewhere in between? Budget tire or cost no object or ??? Give us more details and we'll try to help!
AZ State Parks OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
'11 GasGas EC250 Race
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
SS109
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Jets and Needles