Meter Block gasket SKU021-532 PWK 35

A reference for the PWK carbs...
KDXDave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KDXDave »

Here's a great question: As the meter block gasket in the PWK35 carburetor goes bad; is the first thing you notice is the choke doesn't work as well? Or is being unable to adjust the low end of your idle the first thing? I bought a new meter gasket from JetsRUS.com for $4.41 plus shipping........Check out the YouTube video Keihin PWK 38 S1) Idle fix Just so you know you do not need a compressor air hose. I used a plastic water tube from my cooler and mouth pressure and could see the bubbles right away! I'm pretty sure I lost my choke first and than the idle......If you are having either problem THIS MAY BE THE FIX! It's really pretty easy to do this and it may solve idle problems you are having...............check it out! KDXDave
Member of the BlueRibbon Coalition, NMOHVA, Blackfeathers Trail Preservation Alliance Jemez Mountains NM single track rider: KDX200 KDX220 KTM200EXC
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Mine didn't mess with the choke or even the idle. However, my jetting is spot on so maybe that might have negated those symptoms. The things I noticed was lack of throttle response and spooge.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXDave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Meter Block gasket SKU021-532 PWK 35

Post by KDXDave »

Did you replace the metering gasket and did it fix the lack of throttle response? Mostly what I've read is that your lower idle goes away; which is what I experienced.....plus slowly losing my choke.......dave
Member of the BlueRibbon Coalition, NMOHVA, Blackfeathers Trail Preservation Alliance Jemez Mountains NM single track rider: KDX200 KDX220 KTM200EXC
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Yes, it cured both problems. Come to think of it, my bike would arbitrarily die when idling on occasion. Figured it was just temps and stuff changing as I have my idle set really low. Maybe it did hurt my idle.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXDave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KDXDave »

Funny I started using Sea Foam as a fuel stabilizer about two years ago......all three of my bikes lost their chokes. I just ordered two more meter block gaskets for my other bikes. Although I presently have no problems with the low idle on those bikes.....I just got use to leaning the bike over to flood the throttle body and start it.. It all comes down to seeing bubbles when you test the carb...Thanks KDXDave
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

KDXDave wrote:Funny I started using Sea Foam as a fuel stabilizer about two years ago......all three of my bikes lost their chokes. I just ordered two more meter block gaskets for my other bikes. Although I presently have no problems with the low idle on those bikes.....I just got use to leaning the bike over to flood the throttle body and start it.. It all comes down to seeing bubbles when you test the carb...Thanks KDXDave
Sea Foam is not a good additive for bikes. It tends to eat seals in the carb....I would avoid using it in your bike.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
KDXDave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KDXDave »

Hi 6 Riders, I haven't keep up with this post and noticed your note about Sea Foam. I only mix about 2oz per 5gallons......BUT tell me your experiences using Sea Foam? I'm interested mainly because I never did get those chokes working properly. I still lay the bike the left side for a moment than pick it up to kick start.....Thanks KDXDave