KDX200 Air Adjust Screw O-ring?

A reference for the PWK carbs...
Longoose

KDX200 Air Adjust Screw O-ring?

Post by Longoose »

I have a new to me low hour 2001 KDX 200. Is it supposed to have an o-ring and/or washer at the end of the spring? I removed the Air screw and spring came with it but no washer or o-ring. While cleaning up I found a small broken o-ring in the carb throat. Parts diagram doesn’t show one, does it come as part of the spring? If not part of the Air screw, where did it come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScruffyDroid
Supporting Member

Re: KDX200 Air Adjust Screw O-ring?

Post by ScruffyDroid »

Longoose wrote:I have a new to me low hour 2001 KDX 200. Is it supposed to have an o-ring and/or washer at the end of the spring? I removed the Air screw and spring came with it but no washer or o-ring. While cleaning up I found a small broken o-ring in the carb throat. Parts diagram doesn’t show one, does it come as part of the spring? If not part of the Air screw, where did it come from?

It doesn't come with an o-ring.

I replaced my stock air screw with an easy adjust one and I had to use a suitable o-ring at the base of the spring in order for it to seat properly in the threads (aftermarket air screw tolerance not close enough).

Perhaps yours didn't seat and the previous owner had done the same?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

No o-ring or washer on the air screw.
Longoose

Post by Longoose »

ScruffyDroid wrote:
Longoose wrote:I have a new to me low hour 2001 KDX 200. Is it supposed to have an o-ring and/or washer at the end of the spring? I removed the Air screw and spring came with it but no washer or o-ring. While cleaning up I found a small broken o-ring in the carb throat. Parts diagram doesn’t show one, does it come as part of the spring? If not part of the Air screw, where did it come from?

It doesn't come with an o-ring.

I replaced my stock air screw with an easy adjust one and I had to use a suitable o-ring at the base of the spring in order for it to seat properly in the threads (aftermarket air screw tolerance not close enough).

Perhaps yours didn't seat and the previous owner had done the same?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Thanks very helpful. I was actually going to change oem for the Tusk extended screw. I’ll put it back together and check for a leak?