Sigma 6 jetting kit now installed on bike

A reference for the PWK carbs...
Jaede

Sigma 6 jetting kit now installed on bike

Post by Jaede »

I noticed a lot of you checked out my post when I asked if anyone had used the sigma 6 jetting kits on their KDX'S so I thought I should repost to let you know the results. The kit consists of three main jets a #150, #155 and a #160, one pilot jet #48, a drill bit and screw for removing air screw cap which was useless as the air screw dosnt have a cap, it also has various metal washers and plastic spacers to change needle position also useless as the needle on these carbs is adjustable, there was a lot of paperwork too, mostly generic jetting info and some misguided info about needle position for KDX. I'm running a fresh motor, boyesen rad valve, fatty pipe, I cleaned up the ports when I rebuilt it, put in bdk KIPS valves, After playing around with the jetting, needle position and air screw I am very happy with the way that my bike is running using the #155/#48 needle in middle position and air screw 1.25 turns out, I could have done it alot cheaper though by just buying the jets without the kit as at $55 US I think it was a bit expensive but Sigma 6 were polite to deal with and sent me a second kit after I complained about the kit taking too long to arrive (1st kit arrived day after I complained lol) so if anyone wants a cheap kit to try $20 and its yours plus $5 for postage
Timtee

Re: Sigma 6 jetting kit now installed on bike

Post by Timtee »

Maybe I missed it, but there was no needle in the kit for that price?
Jaede

Post by Jaede »

Nah you didn't miss a thing, there was no needle in it
Timtee

Post by Timtee »

Wow. And I guess I shouldnt even ask if the jets were genuine Keihin instead of some chinese jets.

If you really want to be happy with the jetting, try a DEL and CEL needle.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Those jets sound awfully fat to me.
Jaede

Post by Jaede »

Timtee wrote:Wow. And I guess I shouldnt even ask if the jets were genuine Keihin instead of some chinese jets.

If you really want to be happy with the jetting, try a DEL and CEL needle.
Yeah don't ask lol, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy these kits, they work fine but way over priced, I swapped the jets back to Keihin jets of the same size and there was no difference at all so I think they work just as well, ended up chucking in a #150 main this morning and now I am happy with how it goes even with my 265lbs on it, it still wants to get up on the back wheel for the first 3 gears, got bike running well but cost more than it should have... Lesson learned
Jaede

Post by Jaede »

Julien D wrote:Those jets sound awfully fat to me.
What do you mean fat? I swapped out the main to a #150 today and it goes a lot better
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Can't imagine running a 160 is all, so I think it's curious that it's even in the kit. 155 ends up being too big for most setups as well. I'm sure it does do better with the 150.
Jaede

Post by Jaede »

I think the kit is just a rough guess, It works but wouldn't recommend paying full price for it, I am happy with how my bike goes, was quite surprised at how quick the kdx goes for such a little bike, Haven't really owned a bike that small since my very early teens, although it looks a bit funny when I ride it due to my size, but I think I understand why they have such a strong following, they're a very capable versatile bike