Anyone tried a 6 Sigma jet kit?

A reference for the PWK carbs...
Jaede

Anyone tried a 6 Sigma jet kit?

Post by Jaede »

Gday, been checking out jetting for my kdx200e and noticed the 6 Sigma jet kits on ebay, was wondering if anyone has tried these kits and if so what were the results?
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Anyone tried a 6 Sigma jet kit?

Post by Tyl3r »

Do you know who manufactures the jets themselves? I've heard bad things about aftermarket jets, I always stick with genuine Keihin Jets https://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carbu ... 25-xxx.htm
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
Timtee

Post by Timtee »

Does this kit include the needle(s)?

If this kit is just the main and pilot, I wouldn't even bother.

And if it includes the needle, I probably still wouldn't bother. It is not that easy to come up with a good quality needle.
Jaede

Post by Jaede »

I've read quite a few things on the net saying it's a re-packaged dynojet kit but what truth there is in that I could not say as it is the internet after all lol.
The kit comes with jets, needles, nylon shim for needle, drill bit and instructions for drilling slide, and something else I think I have forgotten, can purchase stage one through to seven depending on what mods are done to your bike, I still had no replies on here when I checked earlier so I thought I would just buy a kit and try it out, my bike should be back together next week (provided parts I've ordered arrive on time lol) and I'll report back to you guy's with the results after I install them!
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Being that there are 7 levels depending on mods, I wouldn't bother. While mods certainly do play into the jetting, so does your elevation and temperature... every bike is different. A level 7 kit isn't going to work the same for someone who lives at sea level as it would for someone riding at 6k feet. I'm going to guess that those kits don't take that into consideration... I wouldn't bother...I'd stick with all Keihin stuff if I were you.
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
Timtee

Post by Timtee »

I am not buying that 1-7 thing. I have owned two KDXs at the same time with the same setups. Both required different jetting. Not a big difference, but a difference.

The needle is what is going to give the engine its personality. Everything else just makes it run properly.
Jaede

Post by Jaede »

Well I don't know a great deal about jetting, Ive already bought it so I guess I'll just have to wait and see now, is the first KDX I've owned and I've never ridden it before got it as a basket case and rebuilt it, will run it in with original jetting then swap them out afterwards, I got an email from them today asking for mods and elevation so they could make my kit up for me.
I got a spare parts bike with mine and they both have the same jetting which is 155 and 75 which sounds way off what people are running on here,
Timtee

Post by Timtee »

If your bike has stock jets and even if you are at sea level, anything reasonably leaner will be a big improvement.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

boguuuus !
just use the kdx jetting guide process and do it yourself. it's very easy and thorough.
Jaede

Post by Jaede »

I'm about 1800ft above sea level
Jaede

Post by Jaede »

Nothing to report on the jetting kit yet, am beginning to wonder if it will actually ever arrive....